Chapter 26: The Perfect Start Part One

Start from the beginning

"We should probably think about getting a job soon."

"I didn't even think about that."

"Me neither until now. I guess we both have to start our first job."

"Kind of exciting."

"Kind of."

.oOo.

Once Reno and Sid had finished painting, they walked with Bly and Aayla through the town, exploring on their second day on Sicemon, their new home.

Small stores and booths were stationed strategically along the main street of the small town. Nothing of interest to tourists, but rather practical shops for the townspeople. The buildings were not only stores, but other assorted building types. Some were offices, medical practices,and finally the school at the end of the road.

Unlike Coruscant, with uncountable schools with thousands of students each, the small town only had one school which at most had fifty students and two classrooms. The students were dismissed from school for the weekend just as the newcomers walked by.

A short Pantoran woman with light purple hair appeared in the doorway, walking one of the children out of the building and down the stairs.
Once the little Weequay girl ran away towards her home, the Pantoran woman exhaled heavily and glanced at the group of Jedi and clones. Her focus, though, on one in particular. She quickly walked back up the stairs and returned back inside the school house.

"You okay, Reno?" Sid asked after Reno had been quiet for ten seconds, which was very unusual for Reno.

"I, um..."

"Loth cat got your tongue?"

"I, um, yeah. Sure."

Sid laughed and continued walking.

"Bly, I'm going to go in the school. I'll meet you back at the hotel later."

"Okay, cyar'ika."

Aayla walked up the stairs and cautiously opened the door.

"Hello?" Aayla peered in the door and saw a small coat room with cubbies, presumably for the kids' backpacks.

"In here." A sweet voice called from the room on the right.

Aayla followed the voice into a classroom, covered with desks in a layout across the room. The same Pantoran woman was sitting at a desk at the front of the room.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The Pantoran stood up and motioned towards an open chair on the opposite side of her desk.

"Hi, Ms." Aayla paused.
"Miss Tendoth. Faylin Tendoth." She smiled sweetly and shook Aayla's hand.

"Miss Tendoth. I'm Aayla Secura. How are you today?"

"I'm doing well. How are you Ms Secura?"

"I am also doing well, thank you. My... um... significant other" Aayla said with a questioned tone in her voice, questioning what she should call Bly, "and I just moved into town yesterday. We were talking of job openings in the town and Dhara was kind enough to point me your way. She says that you're looking for another teacher. Is that correct?"

"Ah, Dhara is always correct. Always a good choice to trust her. I do have a spot open for another teacher, if you're interested."

"I am."

"Wonderful!" Faylin reached into her drawer and pulled out a slim packet, with only three pages stapled together. "I have this packet for you to fill out and a few questions to ask you as well. Do you have time now?"

"That would be perfect."

"Then let's get started." Faylin smiled.

.oOo.

"So boys. Where should I work?" Bly searches around the town, looking for a place he could apply for a job. He wasn't fond of the jobs Dhara had given him, but he was willing to try some of them.

"I'm going to the medical buildings and applying today. And hopefully getting a job starting tomorrow." Sid said proudly.

"Good for you, Sid." Bly said, still focused on finding himself a job.

"What? No snarky comment, Reno?"

"Sorry what? I uh... zoned out?"

"Uh huh. Yeah you did." Sid smirked.

"Shut up, Sid. Reno has a crush." Bly joined Sid in reading Reno.

"Shut up di'kuts, I'm just thinking about where I could work." Reno slapped Sid and walked back to the hotel.

"Maybe the mechanic shop would be good. What do you think?" Sid didn't respond. "Sid!"

"Yeah, that's perfect. I gotta go, Bly. The rank of chief medical officer awaits!" Sid quickly walked towards the medical building, which was the biggest in the town.

"Great. All alone." Bly rolled his eyes and made his way toward the mechanic shop.

.oOo.

"So you have experience with children but not a degree in education, correct?" Faylin said, reading Aayla's packet.

"Correct."

"How quickly could you grasp and reach new materials?"

"Quickly."

Faylin looked at Aayla and then at her packet once again. "I'm guessing you could teach the Clone War quite well?"

"Why would that be?"

"Former Jedi, correct?"

"I- how did you know?"

"You're the Jedi who went to Sicemon. Got herself crushed by a wall when saving people and survived through it." Faylin paused to sip her tea. "We don't hear a lot out here, but we heard that."
Aayla sat shocked. "Was that you?"

Aayla snapped back into the real world. "Yes, it was. Sorry for zoning out, I just... never mind, sorry."

"You're fine. I'm sorry if that brought up memories you weren't prepared for."

"No, I just..."

Faylin politely cut her off. "Miss Secura, seeing as how we are in desperate need for another teacher, you are officially hired by the school. Congratulations." Faylin pulled out a contract and signed it, then stood to shake Aayla's hand.

"Thank you so much." Aayla shook on the deal and signed.

"No, thank you." Faylin smiled.

"When do I start?"

"After the weekend?"

"Perfect."

"I am here for all help you need. I have lesson plans for next week for you. Here." Faylin paused and handed her a data pad. "On there are the lesson plans, and my personal number if you need any help."

"Thank you, Miss Tendoth."

"We're going to be working closely, call me Faylin."

"Call me Aayla."

.oOo.

Hi readers!!
I am so sorry that this update took over two months! School started and I have barely had a minute to myself, so no time to write! I promise I am going to continue this story, just at a slower pace. (But I'll update for frequently than last time though!)
Thank you so much for still reading!

~ Chuchi of Pandora