10

Y/N's POV:
What the hell just happened!??

Saiko had gone absolutely insane. Not only did he take the costumes Y/n had made for the play, but he also took all the props and set pieces.

Though he did pay for her materials, Y/n's blood was boiling. There was less than a day to prepare for the play and now everyone was out of costumes.

She tapped her foot anxiously and bit on her thumb's nail. She knew Kaido was an idiot for doing this behind Saiko's back but she had to think of something.

As the whole class continued to panic Y/n shouted, "everyone calm down!"

Everyone quieted down and turned to look at their green-haired classmate.

"I still have all your measurements and some of my own supplies at home. It'll look worse than the originals but I think I can finish everyone's costumes tonight."

The class whispered amongst themselves before they began to cheer, "Y/n! You're a life saver!"

"Yeah. Yeah," she said waving her hands nonchalantly, "if your character has a prop, bring your own. We can still make this play good."

"What about the sets?" Someone asked.

"The audience will have to use their imagination. Come on people let's get to it!"

The class scattered around the auditorium and others went home to find their props.

Before she could leave, Saiki ran up to her, "will you really be able to create all of our costumes in time?"

"Saiki you underestimate me too much," she said adjusting her bag, "just watch me."

Saiki's POV:
The Next Day
Saiki walked into his classroom and set his bag down. Students awaited anxiously for a particular girl to show up.

"What if she doesn't show?" Someone said.

"We put way too much pressure on her to finish them on time. What if she flaked!?" Another student said.

"Calm down please," Teruhashi said approaching the group of worried students.

"Teruhashi!" the group of students said relived.

"I'm sure Y/n will walk through those doors right n—"

The door slammed open as a tired Y/n entered the room.

"Sorry I'm late, my mother insisted I eat breakfast before leaving."

She plopped down the costumes on a random desk before classmates gathered around to retrieve their costumes.

"Whoa Y/n these are amazing!" several students agreed. Details were added carefully onto each piece; delicately sewn by her soft hands. They looked over to find Y/n face planted on her desk. Snoring loudly, the students approached the sleeping girl and lightly tapped her to show their gratitude.

"Doesn't the play start in five minutes?" She mumbled.

Everyone froze and quickly ran to change. Saiki remained behind and quietly approached her.

"You did good," he whispered.

"I told you you underestimate me," she said softly. She lifted her face from the desk and looked up to him with a smile, "now go forth seaweed number four. You have a play to be in."

He felt himself smile and patted the girl's head, "sweet dreams Y/n."

Y/N's POV:
When Y/n opened her eyes she was having the same dream again. This time however, it began with the CPR and was more of an out of body experience.

"Come on wake up," she heard Saiki say.

"It's no use!" Aiura cried, "Saiki, she's gone. We have to leave. Find someone who can help her."

"I AM THE PERSON WHO CAN HELP HER!" he shouted.

"Am I dead?" she found herself saying.

The two turned and looked at her with an eerie expression. They were no longer on and island. It was pitch black all around as Y/n backed up.

"Dead?" The silhouette of what appeared to be Aiura asked.

"Not yet," she hummed.

The two began to laugh and suddenly Y/n awoke from her nightmare.

She sprung awake only to see Kaito tapping on her shoulder.

"Y/n! Y/n! The play was great! Your costumes looked good!"

She sat up straight and picked Kaito off the ground and placed him on her lap, "really?" she said enthusiastically, "now you see why I couldn't play with you yesterday?"

"Mhm!"

The two laughed as two figures waited around the entrance of the classroom.

Saiki's POV:
"What are you doing here?" Y/n's mother said sternly.

Saiki spun around. He knew she was behind him a long time ago and was waiting for the right opportunity to say something.

"Hello Mrs. L/n," he said, "I was just making sure Y/n was okay. She passed out here before the play started."

"Oh," she looked up to his clips, "you and Y/n have similar hair clips."

Weird, she thought.

"Hm? Oh yeah we do."

Silence.

"Mrs. L/n do you not feel comfortable around me?" he said breaking the ice.

How did he—wait a minute.

"Not really," she said with a chuckle, "Y/n has rarely made friends this fast. I guess I'm just surprised. She's also never really let me meet her friends."

"Hm."

She narrowed her eyes, "Saiki I have to ask you something serious. Now don't laugh now."

He stood straighter, unable to read her thoughts now. Almost like she turned them off.

"Are you a psychic?"

He stepped back. "How did you know?"

I'm not an idiot. Although I have to say it makes sense now.

"Why couldn't I read your thoughts before?"

Have no fear. I am not a psychic myself. I learned to leave my mind blank since Y/n was a baby.

"Well now that you know. What are you going to do about it?"

The woman looked inside the classroom as Y/n and Kaito continued laughing.

Nothing I suppose. She looked back at him sincerely, I know now that Y/n will be safe around you.

"Safe?"

I fear for her safety. That thing that happened at our last home...it wasn't the first time. Y/n thinks I don't know what's going on with her powers but I do. A mother always knows.

She looked back in the classroom, I fear one day it will kill her.

A/N: dun. Dun. Dun. 😈