The Uncertainty, The Pleasure...The Pain!

She stopped short in the inner passage where she had been running blindly.

She had heard that loud scream!

It was her Pati Babu's voice. She could recognize it from millions of miles away!

Her heart was ready to explode in anticipation, she tried to judge where the voice had come from.

It felt very near...

Frantically moving ahead, she saw two doors on her right-hand side.

She recalled that Molana Nizaam had told her that those were the living quarters that belonged to him and the Head of this Dargaah.

And that was when Molana Nizaam's words started echoing in her ears about his khaas mehmaan...

"Mere room mien aik patient hai jisko hum apni Dargaah ka khaas mehmaan samajhte hain. Kuch din pehle hi humne usay rescue kia tha. Bechara buht beemar hai aur filhaal uska Khuda aur humare siva koi aur nahi hai... Uske liye hum sab hi buht chintit hain."

She gasped loudly as her breath hitched in her throat. The realization dawned on her like a bucket of icy water over her head!

That patient...

That man who was dwindling between life and death was none other than her Pati Babu!

Running like a madwoman now, she opened the first door with a force that could have unhinged it even!

She hoped with all her heart that she could get to see her Pati Babu now.

It seemed that God was finally listening to all her pleas...

As she entered the room, her gaze collided with the man on the bed...

It was him!

"Pati Babu..." she whispered... Suddenly she was unable to believe if this was all happening in real or she was just imagining.

"Bondita..." She heard his parched whisper.

Hearing his response broke her uncertain daze. Reaching his bedside hastily, she cupped his face in her hands to feel him... to see him up close... to believe that this was all real...he was real and not just a figment of her imagination!

That was when she saw his tears and a beautiful smile playing on his lips.

Her heart was ready to burst with joy that she was unable to hold in anymore.

Bending down, she tentatively put her lips on his cheek.

She felt his stubble that had grown pretty thick. Wiping his tears with her lips, she looked back into his eyes.

She was still in a daze...

She was so happy but she was afraid of believing it all too.

Her eyes roved over his face and she noticed that his complexion was pale and he looked so weak.

Feeling a pang in her heart, she ran her hand in his hair lovingly.

She hadn't realized that she had been crying until she felt his fingers rising up to her face, wiping her tears off as he widened his smile while trying to assure her with his eyes that he was okay.

And that was what truly snapped her out of her mist of uncertainty!

His touch...

Unable to hold back any longer, she just burst into tears and let herself drop onto his chest, holding him tightly in a hug, crying her heart out...finally!

His arms engulfed her in the hug as he tried to absorb all her pain while his own eyes shed tears of longing, intense love, and happiness simultaneously.

And that was when the Qawwal's voice hit both their ears and Bondita raised her tear-drenched face to look into his eyes.

She had so much to say to him, but she was speechless at the moment.

However, God was really kind to her as the Qawwal spoke her heart out for her Pati Babu to hear,

Jo ulfat mein har ek sitam hai gawara

Yeh sab kuch hai paas-e-wafa tum se warna

Satate ho din raat jiss tarha mujh ko

Kissi ghair ko youn sata kar to dekho

(In love I have born every wound inflicted

All this is in custody of my sincerity to you

The way that you tease me day and night...

Try to tease another and see!)

As fresh tears pooled in her eyes and started falling on Aniruddh's face that was already wet with his own tears, he understood her silent shikwa.

A wave of pure love washed over him. Raising his hand, he removed the pallu of her sari from her head, freeing her hair open.

Running his fingers in her hair, he whispered,

"I am so sorry, Meri Jaan... It took me so long to come back to you, haina?"

Still unable to say anything, she nodded her head as her lips pursed into a subconscious pout.

A smile adorned his lips as he saw her being like that. He understood that she was stunned. And it was her reaction that had made him realize that he had been out for a pretty long time and that she must have been looking for him like crazy.

He didn't know where he was...He didn't know what exactly had happened. He just knew that he had been "locked" in a strange state where he felt that he was awake but he wasn't. He repeatedly saw dreams of Bondita and himself drowning in a river, but that was all he was aware of.

Now that he was fully awake, he intended to find out everything that he missed while being unconscious, but at the moment, the thing that mattered the most was Bondita.

He saw how badly she was crying...how weak and tired she looked, and how broken she was that she still couldn't find her voice to say anything to him.

Understanding her plight, he just wanted to make her feel alright.

The rest of the details and matters could wait...but his Bondita was his utmost priority.

Exerting slight pressure on her head, he pulled her closer to his face as he whispered,

"Bondita...meri Jaan... I am alright. Mien theek hun. Hum sath hain...Sab sahi hai abh."

When she just kept sniffing and searching his face with eyes that reflected all the pain that she had been through, Aniduddh felt his heart breaking.

Unable to stop himself or resist anymore, he just closed the gap between them as his lips slammed into hers.

Bondita gasped at this sudden 'attack,' and her body stiffened for a moment.

But then the realization that her Pati Babu had finally returned to her life hit her...

All the moments that she had spent longing for him, dying with each passing second, all the fear and apprehension finally made her melt completely as her body automatically loosened up and her lips opened apart...letting him in.

It was their glorious reunion after so many trials and tribulations...and she was now adamant to show her Pati Babu how much she had missed him, and what exactly he meant to her. 

-------------

A/N: Tissues anyone?? :( I had tears in my eyes thinking about Bondita like that...and then the happiness that they finally reunited consumed me whole! 

How did you guys find it all? Do let me know about your views.. :)