*Chapter 20: I don't Love him

In order to prove yourself that you're not in love with someone, you have to admit to yourself that you had some kind of ambiguous feelings towards them. Because you cannot know whether something is or isn't if you didn't even understand it in the first place.

One thing I knew for sure was that the girl who stood in front of me, whoever she might've been, wasn't invited by Blake.

In last few days, all Blake did was either work, sleep or annoy me for twenty-four seven. He also wasn't at his home for two days and for some reason, I took that girl to be the one he scre- shagged. The one Alfred and Melissa complained about.

"Now, who the hell are you? Where is Blake?" she asked me, anger dripping her voice. I took it had hints of . . . What, jealousy? I took my time staring at her perfectly shaped nose, wondering if it was natural. My first instincts were to get rid of her. Why didn't I have a nose like that? How come I'm a blonde and not as sexy as her? Am I still stuck in the growing phase? Should I drink more milk?

For better or worse, I think I knew what to do in order to find out the truth.

"Who am I? And who the hell are you?" Seriously, I'm not the one half-naked in another person's room, why was she like that? How did she get inside? No one was at home!

"I'm Blake's girlfriend, and sorry if he brought you here for one-night stand, he's quite the player" she giggled, I tried to hide my glare and it was already pretty obvious that she was lying. And come on, his girlfriend badmouthing him?

I remember Melissa complaining to me that Blake was as "single as fudge." Her words, not mine, so I was sure that she was lying me. Not to mention that he was also engaged to me. It's not like he would have had time. At that moment I decided to go along, to check if her words had some truth or not.

"What? No way, he was so sweet! There's no way that he could do something so cruel," I fake gasped. A small smirk came up her face that I immediately noticed. I worked in a family dinner restaurant. I knew how to read the moods of people to figure out if they like what I brought or something.

Betty, my good ole blonde comrade, would give me a tip whenever she was in a good mood to help me understand people better, which she used to hook up with men, but still. Anyway, thanks to the woman that's always in PMS, I had a chance to learn how to not get cheated and scammed. Except for Blake. Blake, I couldn't read him.

"I know, I tried so many times to stop his womanizing ways, but it was useless. I don't even know why I became his girlfriend. We even got engaged last night." Yeah, right and I got engaged with his twin on the same night. I was sure with that statement that she wasn't saying a single ounce of truth.

"Oh, God, poor you. I would break up with him immediately. You know, you must be a really nice person to endure all his cheating." The thing with couples is, they don't cheat. If they do, that's not a relationship. They don't care about each other. They just like the idea of being in a so-called relationship that didn't end yet, so they choose to cheat. If you, after all, love someone, then you wouldn't even think of sleeping with someone else.

Trying to get an excuse by saying that it was just a little accident? It takes just as much to cheat as it does to get into a relationship. You met, you chose to talk, kiss, keep silent about it, see behind your partner's back, still hear from each other, make a deal, choose the place, go there, take off clothes, kiss again, sleep. And you call that a single mistake? No, that's all planned thoroughly, you don't keep secrets like it's a normal thing to you! Especially from someone you supposedly care about, especially as you make secrets little by little.