psychward- palaye royale

Start from the beginning

"Y/n?"

I tried to hide the fact my breathing was getting heavier but it was becoming too hard for me to do so, I didn't like showing any emotions, especially to people I've just met.

They're gonna stick you with all these needles and pin you to the bed. Run tests on you like the insane.

You're insane Y/n. Fucking insane! They're gonna lock you up and put you in a straight jacket!

"Hey Y/n just listen to my voice alright.. breathe for me love, you're safe here." I felt hands try to touch me but I quickly shoved them off immediately regretting that decision.

"Okay you don't like to be touched, neither do I. I understand how you feel." Dr. Barrett said trying to help Remington calm me down.

No he doesn't, he'z just trying to get in my head. "Seb can you grab a relaxer please?" I continued to struggle find my breath but it felt as if it was impossible, my head was spinning.

I hear the door close and open again which only made me panic even more. I could barely see through my blurred vision one of them coming closer with a tray. "Y/n, I'm gonna give you a shot which will help you calm down alright."

My head shot up and shook rapidly, I stood up in my state of panic and knocked the tray from his hand. He didn't even flinch when it went flying to the floor.

I backed up into a different wall, which was furthest away from them, and pointed to the needle. "You're scared of them?" I nodded slightly. "Can I hug you?" Dr. Danzig asked, I didn't like hugs so once again I shook my head.

"Here.." Dr. Leith slid his clipboard on the floor over to me, understanding I wanted space. I knelt looking behind me to make sure no one was planning on grabbing me. "It's just us.. just write what is going on in that head of yours right at this moment so we know how to help you."

I'm terrified of needles I didn't mean to waste what was in the tray I'm sorry. I have panic attacks very regularly and I don't like affection.

I slid it back to him, he read it outloud so the other two can hear it. "That's okay, no needles. Panic attacks are normal, especially when you're in a new place. I know you must be scared, we will do rounds everyday and it will only be us every time, we'll make sure of it. No new people.."

See that scalpel on the floor. Hide it from them.

'I'll lose their trust.' I thought but that little voice only got louder.

What trust? You're mental Y/n grab it and hide it from them. No one trusts you.

While they conversed with each other I took the chance to hide the blade in your shoe, listening to the voice. Under the hoodie was the reason I was here. The reason my family thought I was insane, they didn't do this because they were worried, they did it because now I'm no longer their problem.

"Alright Y/n, I'm just gonna put this band on you then you can change into the clothes your brothers dropped you off with. It's late too so you can sleep after." I nodded holding out my arm for him to put the band on.

Patient 616

You're just a number Y/n. Nothing more than insane.
The voice taunted me endlessly.
It had my name on it and patient number, it made me feel like shit to say the least. Almost inhuman. I whined quietly when Emerson put it on. He chuckled lightly, "I know it's not the most comfortable or pretty thing but it's mandatory. Goodnight Y/n."

I waved as they picked up the tray, collecting all the things and leaving me alone in the room. I took the time to look around the room, a bathroom connected to the room, a small desk and a fun house mirror.

The bed sheets were thin and scratchy, this was the best it's going to get. After I changed, I sat in the corner of the bed using the wall to lean on. I struggled to sleep in fear my father would walk in at stupid hours of the night to 'have fun'. It was force of habit.

He was glad I'm mute, he was over the moon when I stopped talking out of fear of saying something wrong because it got me in trouble all the time.

They're the reason I'm like like this.

No it was all you.
You made him do it. You're a slut and let them crawl all over you! It's always your fault!

I slammed my head into the wall repeatedly begging the voice to stop talking.

Use the blade and I'll stop.
You know you want to Y/n.

The urge was harder to push away when you had someone telling you to do it, I knew I would lose their trust. I would lose everything.