chapter nineteen: "You belong in an ice arena, not a grass stadium"

Start from the beginning

"You still could've told us, keeping it a secret makes it look worse." Chloe argues, and I actually agree with her.

"I agree, telling us is always better than lying."

"We weren't lying, we withheld information that wasn't relevant." Seth rolls his eyes.

"You have the audacity to get an attitude with me right now? You are in the wrong here, period."

"We aren't fighting here in front of everyone, can we just talk about this later?"

"Whatever, I'm going to class, have fun at your sorority dinner."

She walks off and Seth sighs and curses under his breath.

"I'm going to Tri Del, see you guys when you get there." Seth walks away.

"Yeah we're gonna go, see you in a bit, Hale."

I'm still annoyed, I don't like secrets, secrets lead to getting heart broken and I won't go through that again.

I walk over to a bench and sit down. I feel Noah sit down next to me, he leans down on his elbows and looks over at me.

"Scar, I'm sorry. But really, the dinner isn't a big deal."

"It's not about the dinner, Noah. If you would've told, I wouldn't have cared. It's the fact that you felt like hiding it was better than just telling me. Because you thought I would get mad about it. News flash, babe, if you think your girlfriend might get mad about it, you probably shouldn't do it."

"So you are mad about it...?" He looks confused. Jesus, men.

"No! Oh my- okay. No I am not mad about the dinner but you thought I would be so instead of saying 'oh I should ask Scarlett if she cares, I'm just going to hide it from her.'" I try to do my best Noah voice impression.

"Hey I don't sound like that." He says, making me smile a little.

"Don't try to make me laugh, we're fighting."

"Baby there's nothing to fight about. I promise you, I will tell you anything and everything from now on. I thought that I was supposed to avoid things like this but I see now that I shouldn't. I'm sorry, I'm not perfect at relationships yet, remember?"

I sigh, he's right. He hasn't given me reason to not trust him. "You'll tell me from now on?"

"I promise" he says seriously and kisses my head.

I nod, "okay, then you're forgiven. I'm sorry, I have a lot of issues when it comes to trust."

"I know, I wasn't thinking. Still love me?"

I roll my eyes, "I still love you, you still love me?"

"Yeah I guess." He shrugs. I gasp and shove him. He laughs and pulls me into his side.

"Hey, I actually have to talk to you about something." I say, sitting up to look at him.

"Okay?"

"Do you remember that interview assignment I mentioned a few weeks ago?"

"The one you won't pick me for? Yes I remember." He jokes.

"Yeah, that one. I asked Garrett if I could interview him for it."

"Garrett who?"

"Hart." I say hesitantly.

"Garrett Hart? As in quarter back for the football team?" He asks, slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, he was good friends with my brother in high school so I know him. You don't care do you?"

"As a boyfriend, no. I trust you. But as the hockey captain, having you choose the football captain is like a betrayal." He laughs.