Chapter four- game one

Friday

I woke up to my phone ringing. Noah's name was across the screen, and it was 6:30am.

I answered annoyed, "Noah Hale why the fuck are you calling me at 6:30 in the morning on a Friday?"

"I'm bored"

"I was sleeping"

"Sorry, I got up for practice and then your dad sent out a text saying practice was cancelled today so now I'm bored. Do you want to hang out?"

"Wait rewind, my dad cancelled practice? Why?"

"It's actually pretty common the day before big games. It's the opening season game tomorrow, so he gave us the day off. Speaking of, you're going right?"

I smiled to myself, "yeah I'll be there. You know, for my dad and stuff"

For my dad and stuff?? Nice Scarlett, smooth.

"Right.. well now that you're up, do you want to go get breakfast or something?" Noah said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Whatever, sure. I need to get ready though so don't show up for atleast another 15 minutes."

"You get 5." he said and hung up.

I jumped out of bed and put on the first outfit I could find; black leggings and an oversized Golden Knights sweatshirt with some old air forces. I combed through my hair and threw it up in a messy bun before applying some light mascara. For someone who's about to go out to breakfast with Noah Hale, I look like a homeless person.

In true Noah fashion, he was texting me 5 minutes later that he was outside of my dorm building. I grabbed my wallet and keys and walked down to his truck.

The 20-minute car ride was filled with small talk and comfortable silence. Noah drove us to a café a few towns over. It was cute and almost completely empty. How he knows all of these secret places to go is beyond me but I'm not complaining.

"Are you nervous? About the game tomorrow?" I asked him as we looked over the menus.

"Nah, not really. I mean the Wolverines are a force for sure, but I think we're looking pretty good this season. Especially with Whitlock and Parker being sophomores now and a little more comfortable on the ice, we should be fine."

I nodded; my dad had given a similar answer when I asked him earlier this week. Our waitress came over to take our orders and shortly after our food was brought to our table.

As we both ate, we talked more about the game and Noah told me about some of his responsibilities as captain. Overall, it was a laid-back breakfast and we spent most of it just talking about nothing specific.

After Noah dropped me back off at my dorm, the other girls were all still asleep, so I decided to get a head start on some homework that was due Sunday night. All I had to do was write a personal essay for my English composition class. It only had to be 3 pages long and I was able to finish it in a few hours.

We spent the rest of the day inside since it had started pouring around 9am and, so far, hasn't stopped. We were all cuddled up in mine and Nat's room, per usual, and were on our third movie on the day.

It was only 10pm, but I was already ready for bed. The game tomorrow started at 2 but if we wanted good seats, we needed to be there by 1. Which meant we needed to leave our dorms at 12:30 to walk over. And with all of us needing to shower and get ready, I'm sure it'd be an early morning. We finished our movie, and Chloe and Bella went to their room for the night. Not much later, I was sound asleep to the sound of the rain hitting our window.