chapter nine: "I'm not dating anyone"

TUESDAY AFTERNOON

"look I think that's her, he like completely beat Tyler Sparks' ass for flirting with her"

I looked around to locate the voice that was very obviously talking about me and saw two girls talking about 6 feet from me. I had just walked into the building that my 4 o'clock class was in and was waiting for the doors to open. They were barely even trying to hush their voices, I mean come on, at least whisper.

When they realized I had caught them talking about me they walked over and the taller blonde was the first to talk, "hey you're that girl from the party on Saturday right?"

"um maybe, what party?"

"The one where Noah Hale got into a fight over some freshman"

I tried to think of an answer that somehow got me out of the conversation, "no that wasn't me, I think it was someone else"

"hey Scar" oh god, no. The girls' eyes widened as the devil himself came up next to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him with stressed eyes, praying he got the hint to just act friendly.

"hi Noah, we were just talking about you" the blonde said, but in a very annoying flirty way

I rolled my eyes and noticed Noah tense.

"really? What were you talking about" he asked, looking at me

I shrugged my shoulders, "they were just asking me what happened at the party on Saturday, I told them I didn't know"

Finally understanding what the conversation was about, he told the girls it was just hockey related and that they shouldn't believe everything they hear. They seemed satisfied enough and left the building.

"Do you have class? What are you doing here?" I asked, once we were finally alone. I still had a good 10 minutes before my professor would even open the door.

"nah, I have Tuesdays off since we have double practices, I just came to see you" he smiled, making me blush.

"well that was sweet of you, but how'd you know I had class here?"

"I asked Nat what classes you had today, this one just happened to line up perfectly between my practices"

On Tuesdays they have double practice. So they go from 1-3 lifting in the gym, then they have 2 hours off to go eat or change and then they have to be back on the ice from 5-7. Like I said, my dad doesn't take practicing lightly.

We sat down on one of the benches in the lobby of the building and I looked at the clock on my phone; 3:55. Only five minutes until I had class.

"Maybe on Tuesdays, I can come to class earlier that way we have more time to actually talk between practices?"

"Only if you want to, I don't want to mess up your schedule just because I'm busy" he said

"Of course I want to, I want to be able to see you, dork" I smiled and lightly bumped my shoulder into his.

"it's almost 4, you don't want to be late. I'll talk to you after I get off practice ok?" he said, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before standing to leave.

"oh no you don't" I said pulling him back, "I don't see you for two days and you think a kiss on the cheek is enough?" I pouted.

"I'm sorry, here" he said as he leaned down, giving me a long kiss on the lips, "better?"

"much" I said blushing, before leaving for class.

I walked in right at 4:00 and the professor wasn't even there yet. Settling into a seat a few rows back, I got ready for the 2 hour long lecture.

WEDNESDAY MORNING

I woke up a little perkier than usual because it was finally Wednesday which meant I was able to spend some actual time with Noah today. We had our writing class, which meant 2 hours with him, and then we were lucky enough that my other Wednesday class lined up perfectly with his practice. Meaning outside of classes and practice, we could finally hang out for a few hours.

I got dressed for the warm weather putting on black high waisted shorts and a red crop top. I left a few minutes early giving me enough time to stop for coffee on my way to class.

I got my coffee and a croissant and sat on a bench outside of the building while I waited. I looked up as I heard my name and saw Cameron waving frantically and running over. Noah, Seth, and Andrew all following shaking their heads.

I waved back and waited for them to reach me. Cameron was first and he all but jumped into my lap with a hug. He reminds me more and more like a puppy every time I see him.

"Don't kill her Cam" Seth said jokingly.

"I've missed you Scarlett, when are you coming over to cook again" he said looking up at me.

I shoved him off me with a smile as Noah came and sat next to me. The other three settled on the sidewalk in front of us as we waited for class to start.

"so do you guys have any classes with any of the other girls?" I asked the group

"I've got a few with Chloe but other than that no" Seth responded.

The other three shook their heads in response.

"oh, so it's just me that got lucky enough to get stuck with you 4 then huh?" I laughed, "why are you all in a theater writing class"

This time it was Andrew that spoke up, which is uncommon, he's more of a listener. "It's known to be an easy A for athletes. He doesn't do big homework assignments and all tests are open book."

I nodded and next to me Noah shifted to turn towards me, "you're coming back with me after class right?"

"Yeah, as long as you drop me off for my next class before your practice"

"yeah of course I will"

Infront of us Cameron snickered a laugh, "dude when did you become such a simp"

Before he could comprehend what was happening, Noah reached forward and slapped Cameron upside the head. We all let out laughs as Cameron looked at me for help with big puppy dog eyes.

"hey don't look at me, you're the one that called him a simp" I shrugged.

"I didn't say it was a bad thing! I mean look at you I would simp for you too" he said before fully processes what came out of his mouth. His eyes widened and he ducked just as another attempt from Noah's hand came at him.

Noah tried to playfully lunge at him but this time I was able to hold him back, "aw be nice to the poor boy, he's the only one that likes me" I teased.

"maybe you should date him instead then" Noah said with a raised eyebrow.

"well technically, I'm not dating anyone" I winked and got up to go inside.

I heard 'ooo's' and 'damn bro she got you' from behind me as I walked away and smirked to myself. I wasn't trying to rush anything but it was still fun to poke at him every now and then.

Eventually the boys came and settled in and Noah sat beside me slightly pouting. I nudged his should and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek to let him know I wasn't serious about it. He relaxed and leaned into his seat.

We walked out of the lecture and Noah and I walked over to his jeep.

"you know, I'm gonna get you back for that little comment you made earlier"

"oh yeah? And how are you gonna do that" I looked at him suspiciously

"by showing you that while we might not be 'official' yet, you're still mine. And mine only" he said as he put the car in drive and sped out of the parking lot. 

♥︎A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Don't forget to Comment and Vote! See y'all in the next chapter ;)