08)I KNOW YOU

That night Felix could not sleep. That photo came to his mind always. He tried to find a link between those articles and the photo. He thought and thought and thought and finally he had fallen asleep late in the midnight.
The following morning he woke up. He hurried to the school as he wanted to tell all these things to Dave. He even didn’t wait for his mom to say good bye. And all that his mom could thought was, “What had happened to this boy?”
 But Felix was not there to answer. He had already gone.

He spent the day very difficultly. Many absurd ideas came to his mind. Dave also felt the change of Felix. Though he asked the reason, Felix remained silent. Felix didn’t want to tell these things to Dave at the school. He was counting fingers till the final bell rang. It looked like a decade, but finally it happened. The bell rang.

  Felix jumped up from his chair. He grabbed Dave’s hand and ran to the door. Dave was confused. Felix wanted to get out from the school as quickly as possible. But they had to stop.

“Excuse me Felix, can you please stop for a while?” that soft voice muttered right behind Felix’s ear. He knew whose voice was that. He turned back, to say some lie and escape.

Their teacher was standing behind Felix and Dave.

“But madam, I have to go home early today. So…..” Felix uttered.
The teacher looked in the eye of the Felix. He couldn’t bear that look.

“I need you just for few minutes. Follow me” she said.
Felix had no other alternative. He followed her and Dave naturally came with him. The teacher turned around again.
“Only you, Felix” she said.
Dave stopped at once.
“David can wait till your friend come. He won’t be very late” she shared a freaky smile with Dave.

“I am DAVE not DAVID madam” Dave muttered in the air. But the teacher was already going away.

Felix had no other alternative. He had to go.
“Nonsense! What rubbish is she going to do? Dave you must stay here till I come back okay? Listen, you must. I have got something to tell you. It’s very important. Stay here I will be back within minutes” he whispered to Dave’s ear.
David, aha sorry Dave nodded. He shared ‘I can’t understand anything’ look with Felix.

Felix impatiently followed the teacher. She was not going to their classroom. Without talking a word, Felix followed the corner of her long skirt. It went, went and went and finally stopped. Then only Felix raised his head. They were standing in a place surrounded by trees.

“This might be the other corner of the school” Felix guessed, but he wasn’t quite sure about that. He had never visited to that part of the school. While he started to wonder why this strange woman; “be respectful Felix”, well, well why the teacher had taken him there, she spoke.

“Felix”
“Yes madam” He looked at her with a confused look.

“I heard it was your birthday yesterday” she grinned.

“Yes it was. But how do you….?”

“I am your class teacher Felix. We keep a register you know”

“Ah! I…I forgot that” Felix murmured. He didn’t want to talk these nonsense. He wanted to leave.

“Felix, you know you are fifteen now”

“Yes I know”
“And I don’t want you to remind me” he thought secretly.
The teacher’s face changed suddenly, but she managed to hide her change. Felix could see that.
 “Did she hear what I said?” he again thought. He felt like that he had been tangled in a very complicated net.

Teacher shared another cold smile. And she talked.

“So I want to say happy birthday to you”

“What! Ah! I mean thank you madam” Felix was completely confused and he couldn’t hide that.
The teacher had not stopped what she was talking yet.
“And Felix, 15 is a responsible age you know. You will have to face many things from today, you see”

Felix couldn’t understand why she is talking in that way. Why everyone is so strange. However he nodded his head.

“And here is a gift to you from me” she said.

And Felix couldn’t bear his amazement anymore.

“Madam, why are you giving a gift to me. We …..we even don’t each other well yet” he took the courage and asked.

But she just smiled and handed over a small, wrapped parcel to Felix.

“Remember, you will have to protect yourself from many troubles in the future. I am sure you will face them well”
She said further. Felix tried to thank her. But the words didn’t come out. The teacher waved at him as if to say that there was no need of thanking, and she was going.

But she suddenly turned around and looked back at him.

“And in fact, you said that we didn’t even do not know each other. But it’s you. Not me. I know you, more than you think, I know you.”
Showing that cold smile again she disappeared among the trees.

Felix was still standing there like a statue with that small gift in his hand. That voice echoed in his head again and again.

“It’s you. Not me. I know you, more than you think, I know you”

Hello! So you are here. Each vote and comment is such an encouragement for us. Thank you all our loving readers 💛