05) BIRTHDAY

The sun was hiding behind the corn fields. Felix was sitting on his window pill. He could remember everything that happened from morning to evening. His mom was terrified as he was late. So at once when she saw Felix creeping to the dining room she screamed and hugged him. Thereafter Felix had to face a little storm. He had never seen his mom so terrified before. She blamed him about making her so much scared and was about to break into tears. But when Felix explained what happened, she calmed down.
That night was one of the happiest ones in Felix’s life. He never had known someone called a ‘friend’ before. The only people around him was his mom, Aunty Jenny and Uncle Larry. His world was only limited to them. But now it was changed. Another guy had entered to his world. “It is true that I do not know whether he is a good or a bad guy yet. But I am sure he is not going to be bad” Felix told himself and fell onto his bed. He yawned and within minutes he was in a dream.

I am sure that he was dreaming about juicy grapes. What do you think? And AHH! Probably he would feel that something juicy on his face in midnight. Wouldn’t he?

                ***********************************
Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Felix and Dave became closer and closer with the time.
Felix never had that experience. Dave was a good boy. He was rather funny and creative too. He had a spreading laugh. By and by the school became a pleasant place for Felix. The ‘potato head’, Lee also didn’t try to make any problem. (He tried but the other students didn’t support him. Poor ‘potato’)
I will tell you something. Felix was getting popular among the other students because he showed an extraordinary talent in studies.

According to Dave he was a ‘stupid genius’.  “Why not stupid? He is always helping that one. Helping this one. Helping that boy. Helping this boy. Helping that tall guy blaaa blaaa….” Dave sometimes shouted at Felix.
 But Felix was good enough even to help the ones who laughed to him in first days. Poor Lee had also lost his heroic act. Because he wasn’t anymore the ‘man of the class’. But he still tried to be majestic and sometimes insulted Felix about his father. But no one cared.

   In one morning Felix was getting ready to go to school. He hadn’t found anything about his father yet. Felix didn’t questioned his mom anymore. He didn’t want to see her tears, so he remained silent. While he was thinking about those things, mom’s voice came out.
“Felix”
He turned around. “Mom”
“So what do you hope to do tomorrow?”
“Tomorrow. What is special about tomorrow?”
His mom smiled. “Oh! My boy, what had happened to you? You even don’t know about tomorrow?”

“Mom, don’t make me confused. What is it about?”

“Tomorrow is your birthday Mr.Felix Jupito” his mom said in a sarcastic voice.
“Gosh! How did I forgot that?” Felix whispered in shy.
“So tell me now. What do you want tomorrow?”
“Oh mom. Are you asking from the birthday boy himself?” Felix said in dull face.
Mom saw his face and began to laugh.
“MOMMYY! Do not laugh at me. You have never tried to surprise me.” Felix said.
“Come on boy. You know I am not smart enough for such ‘surprises’. It was your father…….”
Felix extended his ears to listen to the rest. But his mom at once stopped talking and changed the topic. Her face changed.

“If you don’t tell me about anything you wish to get, I will prepare it however. Look.  You are getting late to the school. Go then. Be careful” she said with a smile.

Felix’s sharp eyes quickly detected her change. But he didn’t say a word. Instead he looked at his mom going back.
Suddenly Felix got an idea. “Why didn’t I remember it before” he thought.
“Mom, mom I want something for my birthday” he shouted. His mom stopped and turned to him.
“So tell me what do you want?”
“That is umm…. Well, can I ask my friend Dave to come here tomorrow?” he asked with a very innocent face.
First mom was going to refuse his idea. But when looking at Felix’s innocent (she knew that was cunning too) face she changed her mind.