Unknown:

This is Daniel. Save my number, please.

Shocked when I realized something, I typed a reply immediately.

Y/n:

Where did you get my number? I forgot to give it the last time!

While I wait for his reply, I saved him as Daniel on my phonebook.

Daniel:

I just know. ;)

I giggled at that. Before I could even reply, someone spoke from behind.

"Ah, he's asking you for a date now?"

I got startled by Sunghoon's stone cold voice right behind my ears.

My heart beats fast that I held my chest as an exaggeration while looking at him with a shocked and irritated expression.

"Why do you always appear out of nowhere!?"

"Why are you always surprised?" his brows went up mockingly.

Sunghoon's standing straight looking down at me on the sofa with his hands inside his pockets.

He looks tired but still dashing in his training outfit. I bet he's practicing for the upcoming competition.

We went silent for a while until someone from the kitchen cleared their throat.

I blinked before I tore our eye contact to look at Yeji's way.

Yeji raised the bowl full of cookies before walking to the table infront. She put it there and sat beside me.

"Oppa, you should join us." Yeji invited her brother.

I ignored them both as I typed a reply to my friend over the phone instead.

"I'll just change upstairs." he said in a cold tone before he made his way to their staircase.

I breathe out loudly like I was holding my breath for a while.

"You okay?"

I nodded at Yeji.

We waited for Sunghoon so we can watch the movie. Yeji whined to me as to why I chose a horror movie when I know she's scared of those things. I just laughed at her.

We're in the middle of the movie when my phone beeped in my side. I opened it to see who texted but it was from another unknown sender.

Unknown:

You free this weekend? It's Sunghoon. Save my number.

My eyes widened and went to the guy sitting across the sofa I was sitting.

He's looking at me intently with hooded eyes, watching my shocked expression.

I didn't know what to say so I saved his number first while I think of what to reply.

Yeji clung beside me with her palms on her eyes. She's been screaming throughout the movie.

My eyes went to look at Sunghoon again but he was looking at his phone now. As if waiting for a text, when it didn't come his eyes met mine again. I can feel he's demanding a reply.

I closed my eyes tightly but immediately opened it to type a reply.

Y/n:

Nope.

I saw him shifted on his weight after it was sent.

Sunghoon:

Why not? You've got a date?

My brows frowned.

Y/n:

Nope. Stop texting me. Focus on the movie.

After it was sent, I turned my phone off and put it down beside me.

I avoided his gaze after that. My phone beeped again but I ignored it, determined to focus on the movie.

But my mind was occupied by his text, I couldn't understand what I was watching about.

My senses got back when Yeji screamed.

It's not even that scary. I blew a low breath. I looked at my phone then to Sunghoon, only to find him still intently looking at me.

My face flushed as I reached for my phone.

Sunghoon:

You said you are friends with him? Why would you date him?

What is he talking about? Did he read our messages earlier? I throw a warning look to him.

Y/n:

I don't know what you're talking about.

Sunghoon:

Then let's go out this weekend.

I literally froze after I read his text.

Is he asking me to go... on a date? With him? This weekend?!

My heart hammered against my chest, fingers stiffened. I stayed still for a moment. I didn't know what to reply, I don't want to see his reaction either.

Y/n:

I'm not free.

After that, he sighed in defeat. He licked his lips before nodding. He then rested his head on the backrest of his chair with his eyes closed.