Prologue

Prologue

Have you ever wrote love letters for someone you admire? Because I have.

"Y/n! Where have you been?" Yeji shouted.

I turned around to look at her.

Yeji is my bestest friend of 12 years. We have the same mbti so we get along very well. But at times our decisions clashed because we have so many things in common. Despite that I like A LOT about her. She's wise, quick-witted, just so fun to be with. Her collections of bags, and shoes are also amazing. We treated each other like sisters, for real, because I like everything about her.

Including her brother.

Yes. Her athletic and sometimes annoying of a brother is what I like the most about her.

People sees him as someone cold and intimidating but he's not really like that. He's playful, goofy at times though he has low energy, and he's annoyingly very attractive. I feel like everyone's drawn to his handsome face, classy and graceful moves, talents that are hard to ignore. In short, he's almost perfect to me.

"I just grabbed something to eat. You done with your practice?" I showed her the turon on my right hand.

If her brother is an athlete, she has to be one, too. It's like a tradition of their family. That's the difference we have. I'm not into sports or something that uses a lot of energy, it's tiring you know. But literature is something I'm interested in.

Why would I be writing love letters if I'm not into literature right? Made sense.

She nodded.

"Hmm. Let's go?" Yeji asked.

Every friday, we go to their house to bond and do our crazy, weird stuffs together. We also do sleepovers in each other's houses but I always insists to be in their house. Because of someone there...

We left the campus by then. My clothes are already in their van. I'm excited for today because next week is the valentine's day. The campus would be busy preparing for an event and as a part of the literature club, I won't be able to have a lot of free time by that time. I will write another letter later for my special someone. I have a total of 30 plus letters on my bag. And I have no plans on showing them to anyone but me. Especially, not to him.

"What are you looking at?" I asked Sunghoon, Yeji's brother.

Slightly annoyed by his stares, I rolled my eyes at him. We're at their rooftop when Yeji went to the nearby convenient store for our snacks since their mom forgot to buy groceries.

I can't believe she left me with this guy. Alright, I like him but something about him annoyed me all the frigging time! For example, his weird stares right now. And many more!

"Miss, a visitor shouldn't have that kind of attitude."

He sounded like disappointed. My brows itched.

"What did I do? I'm just writing here. And you're disturbing me!" My defense.

I'm writing about him while he's bugging me, really? I don't know anymore.

"What are you writing anyway? You've been doing that for ages."

"None of your business, mister. Why don't you go and play with your girls?" I rolled my eyes once again as I continued to write.

He stood up and shifted his weight uncomfortably. His head tilted, eyeing me like a curious hawk. Both hands inside his pockets.

"What girls are you talking about?"

"Nevermind! Of course, you won't-"

He cut my words immediately.

"How about you? What in the world are you writing about that always make you smile like a lovesick teenager? Love letters? For who? For your boy classmate?"

Here comes the tension between us again. His voice even raised a bit at that question. I gritted my teeth.

"Why do you care?! Stop meddling with me here, go downstairs and play your games! You're not invited here!"

Unconsciously, I stood up aggressively and slammed my hands against the table that's in between us.

This is just another episode of us fighting over petty things. Childish as it seems but I couldn't control my feelings when it comes to him.

My insides are shaking, ready to throw whatever's infront of me to him. Good  thing Yeji entered with a bag of snacks and drinks.

"I can hear you both shouting while I'm making my way up here. What's up again this time?" Yeji asked calmly.

She got used to us already that it didn't shocked her anymore. She walked towards me and put the bag on the table.

My eyes drifted to my favorite chips. I calmed down a bit. She really knows me well, huh.

Sunghoon sighed loudly and dramatically. He even lowered his face as he touched the bridge of his nose.

"She's accusing me of having girls when she's got a huge crush on some immature boys her age." He sighed again like I'm a big disappointment to him.

My face grimaced at that. The audacity!

I bit my lower lip, grabbed my pens and acted like I will throw it to him when he bid his goodbye, looking directly to my eyes with a serious face.

"I'll be downstairs. Call me if you need me, Yeji."

He then stormed out of the rooftop gracefully.

I was furiously breathing.

"Calm down. Why do you always pissed each other off anyway?"

Yeji opened her drink and take a sip. I dragged my chair and sat down with a heavy heart.

"I don't know with him. He's annoying." I lay my head on my arms at the top of the table.

"Hmm! And what boys is he talking about? You already like someone?! And you didn't told me!"

She closed the bottle lid and point at me accusingly. Her shocked face is as dramatic as his brother's.

Ugh!

"Tsk. Stop it."

I straightened my back and brush my hair off. I grabbed the snack and aggressively opened it. How long has it been since I last ate this? I forgot.

"I hate your brother."

Yeji just shrugged it off.

What should I write in my supposedly love letters for him today? Definitely about what happened!

You denial playboy! I hate you!

That was half meant, by the way.