"I am." 

"The contract said that we have to stick by it until I give you further notice. I don't remember giving you further notice. Don't ask me that again." 

She was silent for a minute before she let out a sigh. "Fine, fine. I won't ask you that again. Don't mope now, you have a game to win." 

We arrived at the stadium and entered through the back. I parked the car and we climbed out. There were no reporters outside the stadium, due to security reasons, but there would be a few inside, and anyway, it'll be aired on national TV, so we can't really hide. We walked inside hand in hand like we do everywhere we go. I stopped near the stands turning to her. 

She eyed me for a minute in amusement. "You're nervous," she stated before laughing softly. She gasped dramatically. "You get nervous? I didn't know you could do that." 

I nodded, humming softly. "There's a lot more I can do. Want to see?" I leaned in. 

She went on her toes, leaning in but right before our lips could touch, she pushed me towards the locker room, smiling. "Go. You have a game to play." 

I sighed and rolled my eyes, letting go of her hand and heading to the locker room. I took a stall and changed, coming back out to get the gear and skates on. I was grabbing my skates when Logan came and sat beside me. 

"Mr. Hunter," he cleared his throat. 

"Yes, Mr. Connor?" 

"Are you in love with Demi Tiffany Vaughn?" 

I stopped all movement and turned to him. "What?" 

"It's a serious question, Mr. Hunter. Are you?" 

"No, of course not. Why the hell would you ask me that?" 

He shrugged, "Oh, I don't know, maybe because you're acting like you are." 

I blinked in confusion. "Isn't that the whole point?" 

He rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean. It seemed fake at the beginning, we knew it was. But it doesn't anymore." 

I watched him in confusion. 

"You're the same around her now, with and without the press. Are you sure you don't like her?" 

Before I could answer, coach walked in, clapping his hands together loudly. "All right, most of the audience is here and so is the other team. Let's discuss once more and then you boys can get on the ice." 

I grabbed my helmet, holding it under my arm, glancing at Logan. "I'm not in love with her," I mumbled. 

"Fine. But do you like her?" he whispered. 

"I don't know," I admitted. 

He stared at me wide-eyed as coach cleared his throat and started going over the strategy again. After we did that, we all made it out in a line and got on the ice. 

I stopped in front of Demi who was still standing there, waiting. I crouched down a bit and she pushed my hair back knowingly, smiling softly. My eyes scanned her face and the urge to kiss her overwhelmed me. But I suppressed it. Again. I put the helmet on and she knocked on it three times.