What Lies Behind This Flower

The sun sets down,

The moon shall rise.

My heart now pounds,

Oh, whom secret I hide?

In the mere night blue skies, Olen see a brunette running, though it seems to be cunning, this unexpected feeling lurking his spine, but he knew it cannot be right.

“Frisk, what are ya doing?” asked the skeleton, his deceitful grin, turned wider as ever.

Yes, Frisk is the name for the cause of his unintentional sensation. His distraction. Adoring not only her perfect features but also her flawless nature of mercy.

“Sans, look what I found!” the chocolate-brown haired beamed, mentioning the short skeleton’s pure name, her hazel irises gleamed through the darkness.

No. It did not just brighten the dark surroundings, it also cleansed the admirer’s soul. His heart began to melt, his cheekbones felt warmth, blue tint have shown from what he had known… a flower it is from his dear brunette’s palm.

From all those years from the beginning to the present, he began to admire her from witnessing her compassionate impressions. This kind of human he had never seen, had currently gifted him foresee. This satisfies him with a downpour of glee.

Fore deem he is in such great wonderment, his phalanges reaching out for this foreign plant we’ve never seen in the evergreens.
“It’s a flower that I’ve found in the Waterfalls!” Frisk exclaimed proud and lively, for this newfangled way of discovery.

Still gazing at the present of his, the brunette stood up on her foot delaying for Olen to guide her back to Toriel’s house.

On the way to their destination, the skeleton witch’s mind still clings beneath the flower. Frisk had been babbling along the way, not noticing his hollow eye sockets.

That flower… thought he, his boney fingers almost slipping from the brunette’s.

Remembering the unanticipated gift from the grasp of his destiny.

At first, he admired the look of the distinguish-looking flower. Its petals have peculiar characteristics, lavender to red with thin black swirls around its beautiful stem. For him, it suits her for she is a very fortunate one.

He also talks dearly with Frisk about her being related with the given plant, roses bloomed from the human’s fairly pale visage. She was very pleased from his fond compliments, but swiftly turned blue from what the short skeleton did not expected as new.

Sans another name of his, adjusted his witch hat and clearing out his throat, trying to chuckle but crumbled, eyeing his companion to laugh out from a sudden.

The brunette was tempted to hide her true sentiment to avoid from her friend’s own worries for her. Looking away from his white glowing pinpricks shining brightly from the night skies, a little tear rolled down from her soft cheeks.

Unfortunately for her, it did not work from Olen, great concerns flashed through his mind. What did I do wrong? Did I said anything offending to her? he panicked as he tightly gripped Frisk’s hand, surprised to see her flinched and turned to him slightly with wistful eyes.

“Is something wrong, lumen?” questions he, his brow arching up. She the human shook her head, smiling precisely, matching her usual glowing beam from the edge. “I’m fine! Why’s that?”
Olen shrugged with his deceiving grin perking, but underneath his hat was his eyes showing of such anxiety. “Oh nothing, just being a little… ‘nerve-ous’ I guess!” he winked, hoping to comfort his escort. A giggle from this girl he adored the most gratifies him.

Where is the pure light he had seen back then before? Where is the Frisk he had known from the previous rests…?

Recalling back at the mischievous plant, he knew he made one of his biggest mistake. Misjudging especially to his love ones.

Exceptionally to her.

This flower he had ones held, making him regret faultlessly.

O, her agony must’ve been ceased, he should’ve been by with her from most of the time before this immense number of torture her soul had managed, almost the rest of her once joyful life now overwritten with pain.

They stopped in front of the door, where her sister Chara was now staying, along with Toriel and her son Asriel.

It was a gloomy day for Frisk, for she hoped it is not, as she walked on foot, and went for the doors, awaiting.

But before she does, Olen rushed and gave her a soft kiss on her delicate forehead. The girl felt flushed as she covered her face, turning around to go back inside.

Olen only chuckled. He gazed back to see the plant that was placed softly in his phalanges. “‘guess I better head back to paps for now, he must be relish mad at me. right, Lumen?”

The sound of walking in snow, he’d now discovered the truth of this flower we all have not recognized.

So what lies behind this flower you asked?

It is a hydrangea of sorrow,

That he did not want to swallow…

_______________________________

A/n:

Voíla! My submission to StacyCPR1704!

Hope you like it! (I just did this for fun, tho.)

I enjoyed participating in this event in Hugle Week so... Congrats HugleTale! >w<

(This is the first time I've finally finished a story... XDDD)