He wiped the tears from my cheek. "Really."

I smiled "Well then we are going to have to find some way convince mom."

****

Niall pulled the freshly baked chocolate cake out of the oven and we waited for it to cool so we could put icing in it.

Miraculously we managed to keep the kitchen clean and the cake actually turned out well.

Ok Niall did all the work. There is no way I would have been able to do this. But at least I get to frost the cake!

***

Putting the last touches onto the cake my mom walked through the front door into the kitchen, still wearing her nurses uniform.

She smiled as Niall came running to hug her.

"mum!" Niall shouted

"Oh Niall I missed you so much!" My mom said and I just laughed at how my mum treated Niall as her son. It's the same way at his house really, Nialls parents are my second family to me.

Niall came walking back over to me and mum eyed us both suspiciously. Like I would do anything wrong. Pff

"What's going on her guys?" My mum asked sitting on the stool on the other side of the island.

"Oh nothing mum. We just made you a cake is all." I said and Niall and I both nodded out heads quickly smiling.

"What do you guys want?" she questioned raising an eyebrow.

"What us? Nothing." I said in a high voice.

"Can't we just make you a cake for one of the best mums ever?" Niall added in.

Wow we need to be more convincing.

She gave us a knowing look and included "Come on tell me."

I sighed walking up to her, "Well you see my beautiful mother that I love so dearly much, Niall here is moving to London, and I-" I started buttering her but when she cut me off.

"No."

"But mom you don't even-"

"Sam you can't move to London." She said sternly.

"I can't believe it didn't work." Niall said to himself.

"Mom" I said.

"Cake always works on me." He was still rambling on.

"I said no Samantha and that's final."

"How did this not work?"

I whispered a "fine" forcing the tears not to fall from my eyes.

"Niall I have your birthday present for you upstairs if you want it." I said half heartedly, the only excitement I have right now is to see his face when I give him my gift.

Walking into my room Niall shut the door and I went into the closet to get the box I put his present in.

Handing it to him he smiled.

I smiled when his face widened in shock.

"Oh my gosh Sam were did you find this hat. I have been looking for one for ages!" He said jumping up and put the red Chicago bulls snap back on his head.

"I knew you would like it." I said smiling at my achievement. Yah that's right. I know my best friend!

"Sam I'm going to find a way to get your mom to agree for you to go to London with me. I just have to." He said determined.