Chapter 17 | Return

Start from the beginning

No matter the outcome, I'll still have papa, Arthur and Misha.

James's POV
It's been two weeks since Manon has left to take some time for herself after everyone unexpectedly saw her scars.

The last time this happened was a year and a half ago. The boy she had been dating rejected her because of her past.

She left she ran away. That's when her drinking problem and substance addiction started. We had finally found her after four months and she looked like shit. Her eyes were bloodshot red, she had bags under her eyes so big that it looked like she hasn't slept at all since she had left.

Her hair was matted, her nails were dirty her clothes were ripped and she looked as skinny as the day I found her on the streets after she escaped. It looked like she had been living on the streets for the past months.

When I took her back home I hired the best psychologist and the best rehab therapists to help her get better.

I also helped training her so she would get stronger and had something to take her mind of off things besides drugs and alcohol.

Now almost two years later she's doing much better. Physically and mentally much stronger. She gets flashbacks sometimes, but she's still able to move on from them and tries to not let her past define her, control her.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a car pull up at front. I get up and walk to the front door and open it.

That's Manon her car. Please tell me she came back.

And there she was. She got out of the car slammed her door shut and ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

It took a couple seconds for me to realise what was happening before I wrapped me arms around her and hugged her back.

"Tu m'as manqué papa, je suis désolée d'être parti comme ça."
(I missed you papa, I'm sorry for leaving like that.)

"Ne t'en fais pas mon trésor. Je suis content que tu sois de retour."
(Don't worry about it mon trésor. I'm happy that you're back.)

We pull apart and walk inside. I tell her that her family missed her and that they want or talk with her about what happened.

She was hesitant at first but I explained that they still want her in their life and she accepted to go over to time later on today.

Archer's POV
Two weeks, it's been two weeks since I - we lost her again.

A result from our own stupidity. We were to wrapped up in shock to notice the panic in her. Too blind to the fact that we needed to reassure her and not stand there gaping at her like fishes.

When we got home that day I went up to my room and locked myself away just like I did all those years ago.

I only came out once a day to grab something small to eat and some water and went back upstairs. I didn't talk to anyone. I ignored my parents, my brothers and my friends.

Ask me how the rest of my family is dealing with the situation and I wouldn't be able to answer it. Due to the fact that I haven't checked up on anyone, to focussed on myself. Selfish I know. But how can you help others feel better, when you can't even make yourself feel better.