Another shift begun and I stiffened in dread... all the while I felt something warm dragging along my cheek bone...

"kitten?"

I was petrified.

Panic flooded my system as I desperately tried to snap my eyes open and thrash about away from this stranger. Yet, even as my brain flared in terror I still couldn't manage to move a muscle. Then finally, after forcing in one long, loud breath, I managed to pierce open my eyes.

Everything was blurry and disorientating, but I struggled the best I could to blink it away.

"Kitten, you're awake." The voice spoke again deep and warm, they're presence hanging heavily over my body, yet it surprisingly didn't feel threatening. I moved my eyes to where the voice was coming from and I spotted a face, still blurry but I could see a smile... and it was... nice.

I took in another breath as I blinked up at this new face, only to choke at the smell that ripped through my nostrils... It was husky and thick... and flared something inside of me. My eyes darted to the top of his head and yes... there they were, two fluffy ears... this person was a hybrid, but not only that...

they were also a predator.... A male predator.

My eyes watered and my mouth fell open to let out a weak wail of fear, it was barely more than a whisper but it still made the man's face fall. My instincts spoke for me as I pulled at my dead body to get away from this stranger. However, as I tried to move a muscle I quickly got hit by a wave of indescribable pain shooting up my body from my pelvis. I yelped a wounded, pitiful cry, making the stranger above me flinch and move forward.

"No kitten don't move! You'll hurt yourself." the hybrid hovering over me fretted. Now that he was closer my eyes had become less blurry, the outline of his face was becoming detailed... his black hair shifting into focus, his plump pink lips in a tender pout and his eyes... big and brown, protected by a set of sharp eyebrows... he was... beautiful. "It's alright, I won't hurt you." he shushed me, ushering my muscles to relax back into the mattress below me.

"W- H-" I tried to speak... but it was in a rushed panic.

"Shhh." He whispered "take your time."

"wh-where?" was all I could shakily whisper out due to the tightness of my throat.

"You're at my house Kitten." he smiled down at me.

"w-who are y-you?" My voice croaked out, still raspy from sleep.

"I'm Jin." He seemed to glow as he spoke.

"s-sorry, b-but w- what- happened?" I stuttered.

"well... you've been hurt." He explained lightly "My partner and I found you a few nights ago and you were in pretty bad shape. So we decided to take you home and make you better." He smiled softly caressing the back of my hand, brushing his thumb over my knuckles. "you've been here for about three days."

"three days?..." I repeated in disbelief.

"Yes, your body needed the rest. I'm a doctor you see, so it was no problem." my eyes widened exponentially, I didn't know hybrids could get jobs?!

"you have a job?!" I asked confused. "But you're a hybrid?"

"yes, I am a hybrid" he giggled a little taken aback at my confusion "and I also have a job... so do a lot of hybrids." he explained seeing that I still found the concept utterly unheard of.

"Sorry yes, I- I just... I-I've never met another hybrid before." I admitted shyly, not knowing how to really act in front of a predator like him.

"really?!" His eyes nearly exploded "I'm the first!?... well, no wonder you were scared when you woke up... I would have reacted just the same." He smiled, his teeth popping out as he did so and his eyes closing into little crescents. "I'm a polar bear, you see?" He smiled pointing to the white ears on the top of his head. "and a doctor!"