Chapter 8: Assault or Sleep?

Is the cave and the old woman a vision or a reality?

- Brother? his question came with a note of bitterness.

The man stood and could not believe his eyes.

- But how? - the old man continued to ask his brother, but he was silent.

Silence. The silence that has frozen like a bell in your eardrums.

- TURN AROUND! The old man shouted with pain.

And at the same moment with his cry, the room was filled with fire.

- STOP IT! - you shouted back, but no one listened to you.

The two brothers became enemies.

.....

- Call me Dark.

His voice disappeared into space.

Flash.

Your eyes are flooded with light.

- Ah!

.....

The first thing that came to stable work was hearing.

You heard the stream, which with a ringing noise flowed over the cold stones.

The second thing that has come to stable work is vision.

You opened your eyes and saw...a forest, or rather a tree that leaned over you and tickled your face with its long weeping branches. Willow, that's what this tree is called in nature.

- And? - you shuddered sharply.

From sudden movements, you began to get dark in your eyes and a headache.

- Aah! - you put your hand to your forehead.

Unable to withstand such tension, your body decided to rest. You fainted again.

.....

When you opened your eyes, you saw the drawing. Rock art.

Cave. Here is your dwelling.

- Where am I? - you shuddered sharply again, but this time the body decided to have mercy on you.

You turned your head, and the first thing you noticed was a bonfire on which an incomprehensible muck was boiling. At the top, a little further away from the fire, a rope was stretched, on which strange elements for potions were hanging.

- * God, it's been a long time since I've seen witches here, or whose lair is this?* - you are tousled with fear, goosebumps ran through your body.

When you got up on your feet, you started to shake a little.

- * So, Hella, hold on..* - you're kind of like, but still managed to balance.

Without taking two steps, you were called:

- Baby!

You turned around.

- Eh?

An old lady you already knew was standing on the threshold, although now she didn't look so sinister, as it was when you first met in the dungeon.

- Hello.

- Hello, hello, dear. Are you in a hurry somewhere? - grandmother said creakingly.

- I.. uh.. and don't tell me how I got here?

After this question, the old lady's face darkened.

- Granddaughter, I do not know how you ended up in this forest, but I dragged you here, it's not good for you to lie under trees on the street, and collect insects.