CHAPTER 10

Nandini's POV

How can a person be so mean..?? He last night purposely threw a tray full of glasses and water filled jug just to wake me up and irritate me. He- he wants me to stay in the same room with him, when all the other maids stays in the given quarter.

Does he not know our cultural norms and order.?? Does he not know, that no man and woman can stay together unless they are married?? Just because you are a king, you will end up doing whatever comes in your mind ??!!

And what's with the term SLAVE , he can just call me by my name itself, I have a name ....but no..... he purposely emphasises the word SLAAAVE to call me .

And whatever he did in the freshroom was so not acceptable . He's such an EVIL.
He wants me to assist him during his bath. It's - its - it's sooo uncomfortable being a girl to touch an unknown man.
What the hell??.....
Weren't those girl doing the same?? ..... They were way better then me .....they were experienced, weren't they?? . But No. He unnecessarily made me do it.

Has he not made me his hostage?? Has he not made me a slave ?? Has he not made me clean and tidy up his room, sweep and mop the floor, take his clothes for laundry and what not. Still he searches more ways to torment me. Whatever he has done, had it not been enough for him ??

Moreover... I -- I don't even know the reason why he hates my father and me. My father has never ever involved me into any kingdom matters, nor did he ever told me any details about his enemies. I am completely clueless about these two kingdoms past relation history. I want to ask him about it ...but am not sure whether it would be a right thing to do or not.

Whatever it is, I have to go with the flow in this distressful situation... I know my father will come for me , he will save me from all this and I'm just waiting for him ...he will come soon...I KNOW THAT !

" Next time I enter the room, I want these dirty curtains to be changed." He ordered making me jump out of my deep thoughts, startling me a bit.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't even realised that I had done the entire room's dusting within no time.
"But Ushaji just changed it yesterday only." I said confusingly looking at him.

"Do as I say." he said commanding me coldly.

Ordering that he left the room and...here.... I am already piled up with lots of other work on my hands and he just ....added one more to it.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

I have never really bothered about a curtain's height ever before in my life, but now here I am, placeing my hands on my hips and looking up to estimate how to remove the curtains from its place.

Obviously, I cannot remove the curtains by flying up there like a bird without any hassle. So for that I have to climb up to meet its height, and to do that, I searched for something which would help me climb up there. That when my eyes fell on a broad heavy chair kept nearby. It took every last ounce of my energy to shift the heavy chair all by myself, which really made me struggle for breath.

I was not sure if I could do this but as the big bad king said earlier ' this room and my needs are your responsibility (mimicking his strong voice ) , so ...I guess, I don't have any another choice left.