·₊° 23. teaming up.

༉˚*ೃ 23. TEAMING UP!

"NOW THEN, HERE is the second game." Midnight's voice rang out loud and clear amongst the stadium. Behind her, colours and words flashed across a screen, a rainbow blur. "I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be?" The grin across her face was teasing. "I just said it, and now here it is...!" The screen halted as Midnight threw out her arms, flog cracking, the words shining.

          Their next Sports Festival challenge... It was...

          "A cavalry battle?!" exclaimed Kaminari, looking uneasy. "I'm bad at those..."

          Cavalry...?

          So a game of kibasen, then?

         "It's not an individual event, so I wonder how it will work..." Tsuyu pondered from close by. Her expression was curious.

          Tsubame teased her lower lip questioningly between her sharp teeth as Midnight turned back towards the screen, the older woman's hand on her hip. Her black hair unfurled out behind her. "Let me explain." Each of the forty-two students who'd made it through the first trial watched intensely, enraptured. "The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is... based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point of value."

          Cocking her head and blinking, Tsubame processed what Midnight was saying. A team-based challenge revolving around a point system?

         "In other words," Ochaco said, "each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!"

          Mina turned to Ochaco in order to give her a grin and finger guns, "Ah, I see!"

          "We have to pick our teams carefully then, huh?" added Tsubame. She smiled, then pursed her lips. Who'd be best?

          Midnight slashed her flog with a cracking sound, glaring. "You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh?!" she exclaimed irritatedly. All three girls shrunk back.

          Tsubame chewed on that scar on the inside of her cheek. Her fingers tapped at the hem of her sports pants. I have to think about this strategically... Whose Quirks would work best with mine? I don't think this is the kind of challenge where working just with the people I'm closest with will help... She pondered over options as Midnight explained the game.