·₊° 21. just a healthy rivalry.

༉˚*ೃ 21. JUST A HEALTHY RIVALRY!

"START!"

          Midnight's call went out, and Tsubame was already running.

          Her surge of strength and adrenaline had accumulated in her legs—the euphoric, overwhelming joy of being able to run, amassed in the cheetah DNA muddling her instincts—as she launched forward. Instantly, Jirou was left behind her. A cheer roared up from the crowd as the U.A. students surged ahead. But all Tsubame could think was: run, run!

          Her paws sprung off the ground at the front of the pack, kicking up blades of grass as she burst out ahead of the other U.A. students with an exhilarated rush of strength. Iida was in the corner of her eye, practically flying across the ground. It was a near graceful thing: small flames plumed from the exhaust pipes in his calves, his arms pumped steadily, his face was a mask of stern concentration even with the wind that ruffled his deep blue hair. A picture of tranquil collectedness, in comparison to Tsubame's animalistic grin and thrill-seeking heart.

          "Okay, here's the play-by-play!" Present Mic's announcing could be heard even from the beginning of the race track. To get to the rest of the course, the U.A. students first had to pass through a long narrow tunnel through the arena wall. Tsubame plunged into its darkness, Iida right at her left. "Are you ready to do the commentary, Mummy Man?!"

          "You're the one who forced me to come."

          Tsubame had the single coherent thought of: Oh, Aizawa-sensei? at the sound of her homeroom teacher's droning voice accompanying Present Mic's. Then her head was back in the game.

          "Let's get started right away, Mummy Man! What should we pay attention to in the early stages?!"

          The thundering of hundreds of feet behind her was an urgent reminder for Tsubame that the rest of the First Years weren't all that far behind at all. Need to get through the tunnel—.

          "This part right now."

          She would have broken out securely in front if it wasn't for a damn Support Course student.

          They must have miscalculated the speed they were going with their rocket boots—crashed into her side hard. The impact made Tsubame stumble. And then the classes were upon her.