Chapter 1: A Conversation

minor panic attack (??) warning

you can also see it as overthinking/worrying, but keep this warning in mind please!

-i recommend you all to go read og sqq and yqy's backstory if you havent, since this fic will probably be confusing if you don't! there's a qijiu extra from the actual novel that explains a lot, but since the story's now been licensed, it can't be found almost anywhere online lmfao. so i just think looking over og sqq and yqy's character wiki will give you a good summary.

unedited

-

[Name] stared at his reflection in the round mirror in Xiang Qingxue's, his, bedroom. His own appearance startled him because of how surprisingly handsome Xiang Qingxue is in real life (if this even is real life). His long [colour] hair reaches his waist in a half-up half-down hairstyle, and he has curtain bangs with streaks of light brown, which frames his face and brings out his prominent jawline and sharp eyes. There is also a beauty mark on the side of his nose, along with a small jagged scar on his right eyelid. Huh, that's really specific.

At the moment he was wearing only an inner robe. The inner robe was made out of silk, which felt really nice on his skin. It has been a while since [Name] wore high quality silk like this, the last time being when his mother lended him a silk sleeping robe when he was 16. It really, really is really nice. [Name] ponders on how he got a degree for literature in university.

The Bai He peak uniform's signature colours were very pleasing to the eye, being a cream white, a soft sky blue and accents of gold. As expected from the peak that specialises in textile technology. But the realisation of having to wear more than 3 layers of complicated and intricate peak lord robes made him uneasy.

Now that [Name] was thinking about the little things that he will have to perfect in this new world in order to not seem unsightly, he froze as he opened a draw filled with hair ornaments as if it was second nature. When??? How??? 'How am I supposed to do my hair up the way Xiang Qingxue usually would?'

[Name] complained to himself and groaned silently as he stood up and walked to what seemed like the wardrobe.

A robotic and monotone voice suddenly screeched in his ears, causing [Name] to jump right as he was about to open the door to the wardrobe.

"Reboot complete... System is now up to date! System apologises for not being able to not greet User : [Name] [Last Name] earlier (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞!!. Tasks are now available."

[Name] winced at the volume of the voice in his head. Okay, he spoke too soon when he thought he didn't have to be controlled by a system.

<"All transmigrators have a system, host.">

'I'm not the only transmigrator?'

>"...">

[Name] blinked at being given no answer. So there are other transmigrators here; or in another universe. [Name] will have to keep his eye out for any suspiciously modern, millennial behaviour.

'System, show-... hm.'

<"(◕ω◕✿)?">

[Name] stopped himself right before asking to show the system to show him the tasks. Instead, he asked-

'...System, where is my body in the original world?'

[Name] chose to ask this instead of why he was here, when he arrived here, or if he was okay in the other world. He just needed an answer, and then he can continue the interrogation from there.