𝟎𝟎𝟔 KNOCK-OFF MASON LOCKWOOD

Start from the beginning

The dark-haired girl buried her head into her hands questioning all her beliefs at once with a muffled scream. "Hey, Z! You okay up there?" A voice asked which she made out to be Louis. Her "favorite" neighborhood boy. ❪ That word being used loosely of course! ❫ She let out a big sigh, ignoring the use of nickname — which she hated.

"No, I will be suffering for the rest of eternity." The biggest smirk grew on the young boys face. "I can help with that." He licked his lips. She never had more of the urge to chuck something at him.

"Lou, why are you out so late? You're like 12 and it's way past your bedtime." He blushed at the nickname. He was fully irrevocably in love with her. That was obvious to anyone who glanced at their relationship. Zara could tell it was a very schoolboy crush and which she didn't want to entertain but she wasn't going to deny he was a sweet kid.

An idea sparked in the girls head. He turned his head back so fast the second he heard her voice. "Hey, kid! I know your a complete dork and whatnot—"

He lets out a huff and a jokingly offended face. "Dork? I like to consider myself highly educated!"

Using air quotes she giggled. "Yeah so 'highly educated' that you're in the 8th grade for the second time." She took a big swig of drink trying to down the whole thing possibly by the next 10 minutes.

"You're not funny, Zara. You're always throwing that in my face aren't you?" He sincerely questioned speaking up to her. She ignored his complaint with a nod and got straight to the point.

"What do you know about werewolves?"

████████

The next day the trio left on their lunch break and went off campus while Derek was finally being cuffed by an officer they didn't know the name of. He glanced over at the teen boy and gave a scowl he wouldn't forget about for days. That caused mixed feelings of guilt and shame to overrun him. He looked at the ground not being able to bear any eye contact while he was being pushed into the back of a police car.

She decided to break the silence. "And we care about the knock-off Mason Lockwood, why?"

Scott glanced over at her. "We need to know if he killed his sister! Isn't that a good enough reason?"

"That's literally the police's job. I know they don't do jackshit but they might just have to after a jogger was torn in half." He didn't understand how she could talk about gruesome topics so lightly. Every time that night was mentioned a shiver would go down his spine.

Moments later Zara elbows Scott so he picks his vision up to face his friend discreetly sneaking into the cop car while the rest of the deputies were investigating the crime scene. They were mouthing multiple no's and discouragements at the boy. "Oh god!" Scott mutters while he and the girl turn away not being able to stand the outcome of this. Ignoring their concerns he slides into the passenger seat.

She scoffs. "That boy needs more of a defeatist attitude,"

"Tell me about." Scott easily smiled seeing Stiles mouthing something to the criminal in the backseat.

The leaves crunching around them and the cold Northern Californian air blowing added more stress to the silence. He continued, "Zara, please help him out—" looking through the police deputy cruiser door.