Goodbyes and Surprises

Start from the beginning

Steve smiled brightly.

"Do you have yours?", Bucky asked.

"Always. You?"

"Of course."

They both reached into their pockets to pull out a box containing a small object.

Rings.

Steve's ring was your typical engagement ring, simple band with a beautiful diamond.

Bucky's however, consisted of a beautiful vine like pattern as the band. With a large white pearl as the centerpiece, it could easily be seen as an everyday ring. Much easier to explain why she would have two rings.

But when they heard a rustling, they shoved the boxes back into their pockets.

Rebecca walked into view and smiled at the sight of her two favorite boys.

"Sorry I took so long."

"No worries, Doll.", Bucky smiled at her as she took her seat again.

She looked between the two of them, eyeing their suspicious behavior.

"Your acting weird. What wrong?", She asked.

"Nothing.", Steve said quickly.

When she gave him a look he only chuckled nervously.

From behind her, Bucky raised his eyebrows and tilted his head towards Steve's pocket.

Steve got the message.

"Oh. Now?", He mouthed.

"Yes now!", Bucky mouthed back.

Rebecca sat quietly watching the interaction, with a scrunched up nose.

"Sweetheart, could you close your eyes for us?", Steve said to her.

She was beyond confused, but did as he said. Steve, grabbed her hand gently and helped her to her feet.

Both men scrambled into position before Bucky told her to open her eyes.

When she did, she immediately knew what was happening. Her hands covered her mouth, slightly containing the soft gasp that had escaped her lips.

"Rebecca Mae Carter. How do I begin?", Steve laughed.

She smiled with tears in her eyes.

"I love you and this oaf, (Nudges Bucky's shoulder) more than anyone could ever know. I love you more than life itself. I know it's hard sometimes, but I want to show both of you just how much I love for the rest of my life and the rest of yours. That is, if you'll have me? Rebecca Mae Carter, James Buchanan Barnes will you marry me?", Steve says.

Rebecca nods enthusiastically as Steve places the ring on her finger. After a passionate kiss, Rebecca turned her attention to Bucky.

"Rebecca Mae Carter. Steve said it all. I just want to say how much I love you both. It's hard for me sometimes, because this has to be kept secret. But, that doesn't change how I feel. I want you to know, that even when I get jealous, I don't have an anger towards either of you. I couldn't ever hold any anger against you two, even when it seems like I'm angry. That's just me being stubborn. (All laugh). I can't think of anything I want to do more, than love you two for the rest of our lives. So, I'm here to ask you: Steven Grant Rogers and Rebecca Mae Carter. Will you marry me?"