Chapter-5 A New World

Depuis le début

After having breakfast they all were sitting in the living room. Finn decided to speak first, " Freya, it all started with her. Do you guys know that in our lineage every first born is cursed with an immense amount of power."

Klaus: How much power are we talking about? And why does this concern Freya; she died because of a plague. (He asked with a frown on his face.)

Finn: Power Niklaus would be like Kol. Remember he was known as a prodigy due to his magic right. (All his siblings nodded in reply while Kol cast his eyes downwards remembering his lost magic.) So lets say that due to Freya being a first born he power was 5 times his and that was only when she was 5 years old and Kol being 13 years old.

Once he said that he looked around the room to read their expressions. He saw how stunned they were hearing this. They had always known Kol was quite powerful after all, another witch named Ayanna had always praised him. Telling him that one day he could rival Esther. But then Elijah questioned something that shook them all.

Elijah: As you said brother first born's are powerful but if we remember correctly Kol's magic could rival mothers. And if Mother's level and Kol's level matched and if Freya as a mere child was that powerful then that means... (He trailed off and looked towards Finn trying to clear his confusion and confirm his suspicion.)

Finn just gave him a grim nod in reply while his other sibling seemed confused but Kol slowly started to understand where this was going, " Your assumptions are right brother, mother was not a first born she had an older sister. Her name was Dahlia."

All of them were stunned as they had never known much about their mother other than her being a slave that fell in love with Mikael. Now all of them were frowning, Why had Finn told them this? What would it lead to?

Klaus: So we had an aunt. Why does this relate to last night's events? (He asked narrowing his eyes at Finn.)

Finn: Because mother lied and erased my memories of that day. Which only came back to me yesterday, Freya our sister never died she was taken from us as payment.

Hearing this all their heads snapped towards Finn as he continued telling the story.

Finn: I remember that day Mother was pregnant with Elijah. Freya and I had gone outside our hut to collect some flowers when we came back home there was a lady. She was talking to mother and once she saw us she introduced herself saying she was our aunt, our mother's sister then mother sent us to another room. But I was curious so I eavesdropped on their conversation but I couldn't understand at the time and now that I know what they meant it hurts to think about. (By the end of it Finn had some tears and seeing this Rebekah sat with him and gave him a side hug.)

Finn was combing her hair with his fingers as her head laid on his shoulder, " Actually a few days earlier Freya had shown signs of magic and it was so powerful that it shook the ground. Seeing this mother tensed up and now I know why. There had been a deal between them and I don't know what about but the payment had been Freya and so Dahlia took her. Mother had lied to father and erased my memories."

Finn: Do you remember mother would always get tense when marriage or children was a topic of discussion among us. I was the oldest but she never allowed me to get married that way I could never have children and because of their deal it's apparent that our first born child was the payment."

Hearing this everyone's heart clenched especially Rebekah she had always dreamt of being a mother.

Elijah: What was the deal? Do you know anything about it? (He said with a strained voice.)