Chapter five: the man.

“Do you want some more of that cold fire ma’am?” the bartender asked half drunk Alyssa.

“N-No I think I have had enough tonight I still have to drive home.”

Alyssa proceeds to light up a cigarette.

“Smoking helps me relax.”  Alyssa stated to the bartender while exhaling the smoke.

“Relax from what? You pretty much always half drunk if not than passing out on the floor from some drug. And besides if you keep smoking like that your gonna get some kind of disease or something”

Alyssa looked down at the table and said in a small sad voice; “Sometimes I wish I wasn’t like the way I am. I hat who I am and what I’ve become. I had a family, friends, and a husband who made my life amazing. We did things together. We cried together. We laughed together. We slept together. We even worked together.”

“Well I take it you too aren’t together anymore right?” The bartender asked.

“No.” she replied.

“Well whose fault was it?”

“Neither of us, someone else broke us up.”

Alyssa began to tear up so she set her head down on the bar.

“Well why don’t you go talk to him about it and maybe you can get back together with him?”

Tears began rolling down Alyssa’s face.

“I can’t.” Alyssa said trying to keep her voice calm.

“We… we were married, and had a happy life. But, we got into a fender bender that made our son cry. He was mad that they guy made him cry. He yelled at the guy and he….he…. he shot him! In front of me and our son!” 

“Oh  Alyssa I’m so sorry, I didn’t know I swear.”

“Yeah just forget you do know.” She said as she turned away to go to the bath room.

A tall strong man walked up to her with a slight stagger.

“Hey! Lady! Your hot!”

Alyssa looked at the half drunk man. In her mind she thought. “Well I have dated complete jerks before. But this one is hot. Ahh f**k it”

Alyssa replied. “Hey there, how bout I take you home tonight?”

“Shh-sshure thing lady. Let’s go.”

The next morning Alyssa woke up with the man still in her bed. All of the other men would leave before she woke up so this was a surprise to her.

“Why haven’t you left yet? Do you really like me or something?” Alyssa said.

He replied. “I get good money from my job, and I want nightly fun. Other than that no.”

She thought about it for a moment. “Should I let this guy stay? Shoot he says he gets good money. And that is what I really need right now. D.C.F (department of children and families) has already been here a few times telling me I need more money or they will take Richard away. How do I get into these kind of messes anyways?”

“Ok but I have a seven year old.” She said.

“I don’t care just don’t let him bother me.”

“He won’t he is very quiet.”