110

KIRA POV

"She's waking up!" I heard someone yelling around me, "she's waking up! Go get Sarge!" I slowly opened my eyes. My head was pounding and my vision was blurry. I was slow to move around and it hurt to lift my head up. I heard footsteps approaching the room and a few people walked in. A man walked up to me and wrapped his fingers around my throat.

"So you're a loner wolf that thinks you can stomp around in vampire territory," he said angrily, "who are you?"

"I-I'm trying to get home," I coughed as he let me go, "I was taken, I got out. I'm just trying to get back home."

"Oh yeah?" he asked, "that's why you walked right in here. I know you heard us. We watched you. You didn't bow down though, you weren't scared. In fact your size, its quite um... what's the words, ah, intimidating. I haven't seen a wolf your size in a very very long time."

"I swear," I shook my head, "please. I-"

"I'll tell you what," he bent down in front of me, "you were on our land so we're gonna rough you up a bit. If you're still alive at the end of it then maybe, just maybe we'll let you go. We might just have ourselves some dinner though."

"I- I wouldn't do that," I shook my head, "my blood- it- it'll kill you." He took a few steps back without saying anything and then erupted in laughter.

"Your blood? Kill me?" he asked, "I've been around for many many years miss. I doubt your blood is any different than any other wolf I've eaten." Wait how? How has he eaten wolves... it has to be a bluff, right? Wolf blood is toxic to vampires so how.. can he drink it? "Shut her up," he stated, "bring her downstairs and chain her up. Come back and get me when it's done." He turned and walked out of the room. They shoved a rag in my mouth and the duct tape stuck to me firmly as they fixed it in place. They grabbed the chair and picked it up, moving me with it. I was taken to a different room and I was moved from the chair to a set of chains that dangled from the ceiling.

Please... please just let me go. Please.

They walked out of the room and Sarge walked back in. He held a metal rod that was so hot it was yellow and white at the end. He held it against my skin as it sizzled under the heat.

"Who sent you!" He yelled over my cries, "why are you here!" He ripped the duct tape from my face and pulled the rag from my mouth.

"I told you," I shook my head, "I'm just trying to get home. I live in Bedburg. P-please, please believe me."

"How long have you been gone?" He asked.

"I- I don't know," I shook my head, "I've been out here for over a week but I don't know exactly."

"Well," he bent down in front of me, put the rag back in and the tape back on. He stared into my eyes, "one, wolves aren't so strong when they're alone. We've learned that. Two, we don't let people on our land. They come in, they don't leave. So, it doesn't look like you're making it home. Three, it's a full moon tomorrow night. My guys are gonna have a little fun with you since we haven't had anyone in our parts for a while, and then when that moon rises and you turn, we'll let you go. And since you've been so nice, I'll give you a chance to get out but you have to get out. You have to outrun us. So we'll see." He stuck the rod against my chest, tracing it from should to shoulder. I did my best not to make it sound like I was in pain... but gosh, I was hurting.

I felt helpless. Tired.

"Alright!" He spun around, "I'm going home. Tell the others she's down here. No bites yet, just fun. I don't want her dead though. Not till tomorrow night."

"You want me to tell everyone sir?" The other vampire asked, "like, all of us?"

"All of us," Sarge nodded and looked back at me, "I want every single vampire down here to partake in this. We've had too many of our own die at the bite of these beings. We take this seriously." Instantly I felt my heart sink. I knew this was going to be bad and I knew I was going to pay the price for those I don't even know. They all walked out and they locked the door behind them, locking me in the room. I tried to listen but I could hear nothing. Sound proof rooms, smart.