"We do." Andrew, leader of the A rank Bright Hand party, replied. "We're just wondering why you want us to investigate it and not your knights."

"The kingdom's knights will be busy training for the coming skirmish war with the Brahmuth Empire. So we can't send them to investigate the land. That is why we are requesting you and your parties to investigate it in our stead. Understand?" They nodded. "Good. The reward for completing the quest will be 200 gold coins for each party."
____________________________________________________________

"This... This is a dream. Right?!" The knight at the front row asked his fellow knight beside him with a trembling voice, as he and the other knights stared stared in fear and shock.

 Right?!" The knight at the front row asked his fellow knight beside him with a trembling voice, as he and the other knights stared stared in fear and shock

(Author: this is Rook from DemiGods. I used the play the game. My favorite is Rook so I'm adding him here.)

"RRROOOAAARRR!"

Before them was a 150 meter tall stone golem, smashing many of his fellow knights with it's giant hammer, as well as crushing more under it's stone feet.

Supporting the giant stone golem were golden mechanical golems of cogs and gears, numbering by the thousands. It's body emitting hot steam and heat visible to their eyes.

(Author: the golden army from Hellboy: the Golden army

(Author: the golden army from Hellboy: the Golden army.)

They gave a mechanical roar as they moved towards the human army with hot, glowing, steaming, blades extending from both their hands.

"Gods save us." The knight prayed to their gods for salvation.

Ground shaking each step taken by the enemies and fear growing as they came closer and closer.

"I think they left." A knight behind him responded. Chuckling nervously as he and the others watched their doom marching towards them in great numbers.
____________________________________________________________

(Y/N) stared down at the 15 figures kneeling down before him.

"We are happy you've returned to us, Lord Monarch." The figure at the front, a ginger haired woman with horns on her head, said with joy. She looks up and stared at (Y/N) with her red glowing eyes, "Welcome home my love." She said, tears flowing down her eyes.

"Lilith...?" (Y/N) whispered under his breath as he stared at her and the other figures behind her. His mind trying to process what's happening.

"My love?" Lilith spoke with worry. To her and her children's eyes, (Y/N) was staring at them intently, judging them, seeing their worth. She and her children were afraid, thinking that her husband, the father of her children, would leave them once again. Permanently this time.

What seems to be like an eternity, (Y/N)'s mind had finally finished rebooting. He looks at his wife and children and gave them a loving smile, "I'm home." He said. Finally be back to where he truly felt like home.
____________________________________________________________

Lou/Åseroar: is this an overlord reference?

R∆N: yep!

Alistair: interesting...

Elixis: you play Demigods?

R∆N: [shrugs] a few times. Love the game. I'm thinking about buying the it on steam and playing it again. [Chuckles] really love playing Rook.

Lou: anything else you added to this... Story?

R∆N: sorry. [Grins] no spoilers.
____________________________________________________________

End of Preview: