Chapter 10: Catch-Up

Start from the beginning

The she-wolf just looked over to her Alpha and shrunk into her seat, hoping she could just be absorbed by the chair.

Harry chuckled lightly before returning his gaze to the, still scowling, Death Eater. Yes, he knew that Fenrir was a Death Eater. He had known ever since his first encounter with the Betas when they, rather rudely, came to his bar unannounced. It was a wonder why people didn't;t have Occlumency shields.

"Are we just going to sit here doing nothing or are you gonna talk?"

"I have come across some..."

Before he could continue Harry chuckled, "You really think you can fool me with this childish hogwash then I overestimated you."

Fenrir glared at him although a smile began to form at the corner of his mouth before, he too, chuckled.

~~~

Severus scowled as he walked through the halls in search of Potter. He had gone missing for over a day now and apparently, the Headmaster was worried for him. That lead to the torture of him.

He had long ago realised that the boy had more to him than it seemed and that he was a Slytherin at heart. At first, it was shocking and now, it was still shocking. He had never seen that coming. He saw that the Dark Lord would rise and that he would spy for him and that Albus insisted that Harry Potter be the one to take him down. They had spooked of it many a time; mostly against his will.

He turned a corner and his scowl depended when he spotted the Gryffindor leaning against a wall and reading what looked like a very old book. He never though him to be a person to read anything that he wasn't forced to but then again, he hadn't thought the boy to be dark either.

Harry had been wandering the halls of Hogwarts after coming back from a long, and successful, trip to Romania and an overnight shift at Demeure des Ombres. He had completely forgotten about school and kicked himself when he found out that the staff were looking for him. They would have let him be if he was any other student but, alas, he was Harry Potter. The person that defeated the Dark Lord before he could count to 7.

He narrowly avoided Minerva and quickly made his way to the opposite end of the school where he knew Snape was looking for him, by means of the Marauder's map. Harry hadn't wanted his secret to be out at all, no less to Severus Snape, but it was and he might as well put it to good use and annoy the man a bit.

He leant up against a wall with the sole of one of his feet on the stone walls of the seventh floor corridor. When he saw Snape moving close to the corridor he was in, he tucked away the and took out on of his books. This particular one was called 'Magicks Moste Evile'. Despite its name, it was only recently published. He picked up where he left of and smirked when he heard the muttering voice of Severus Snape. The man had a habit off muttering under his breath and it was usually directed at 'reckless Gryffindors' or 'cowardly Hufflepuffs'.

Snape advanced towards him rather angrily with a sneer plastered on his face.

"Professor!" he chuckled, "What can I do for you?". He put the book in his bag but not before made sure that Severus saw the title. He smirked at the double take that the professor took.

Not saying a word, Severus took out his wand and sent a Patronus to Minerva and the rest of the staff. Still in silence, Snape ushered Harry to Minerva's office, as she was his Head of House, and forced him into a seat.

That night was full of nagging and 'not angry but disappointed with you's. In the end, he only had three nights worth of detentions and 20 points from Gryffindor. Overall, he had much worse.

~~~

"Harry? Harry?" Hermione said as Harry was making his way towards the chamber. He sighed before turning to face the buck-toothed Gryffindor.

She caught up to the green-eyed boy and, to no surprise, began to nag him. She didn't even bother to aske where he was or what he did. She just kept going on and on about how important studies were, and how he shouldn't be reckless. It had lasted about 20 minutes when she realised that Harry wasn't listening and stopped.

"I'm sorry about Sirius... but you cant keep doing this."

Harry chuckled. In this situation, he may have come off as slightly psychotic, as Hermione's face clearly showed, but he couldn't help himself. The way that Granger actually thought that she was being a good friend was absolutely hilarious. She had been nothing more than a pain for the last 5 or so years and somehow thought they were best of friends. Ron had basically ignored him for the entirety of the term and Harry was happy with that.

Harry shook his head and just headed to the Gryffindor common room, not wanting to have to answer unwanted questions about where he was going.

***

It was Yule break and Harry finally got rid of his prison guards. He was free. Ron had gone back to the Burrow and beside Molly's insistence, Harry stayed at Hogwarts. Molly had always thought of herself as Harry's mother figure but she couldn't be more wrong.

He packed some things from his desk, mostly paperwork from Lordships and such, as well a few books that were sure to keep him entertained. He rushed to the Chamber and promptly jumped inside and landed gracefully before rushing to the Apparition point and feeling the familiar sensation that was Apparition.

He grinned as he took down the Wards. He would be able to be here for most of the duration of the Yule break. The place he truly belonged...

Sorry about the rather boring chapters but the next one will be more interesting...

-Alysha

(PLOT BELONGS TO @cescawriter)