TwEnTy-SEVEn

(edited)

miley cyrus - angels like you

The sun shone through a pair of curtains that were so familiar as wetness stained my cheek. Wetness I wasn't used to. It lingers for a minute before the wetness is reapplied as I finally peel my eyes open to find the subject of the licking. Spike.

A gasp left my mouth as I lean forward and immediately hug the dog I'd missed so much. His short soft hair tickles against my face as he continues to fight to lick me to death.

"Oh baby, I've missed you so much!" I hold his face in my hands as he just stares back with his tongue sticking out lapping in drool.

"Missed you more." My attention turns to the figure who stood in the doorway. A scowl forms on my face as his smirk grows. Cocky bastard. "It's already 11, and you're just getting up?"

"I was tired." My feet place themselves on the carpeted floor as my body fills with pleasure from being able to stretch after hours of sleep. Memories start to pour in as I glance around the bedroom I used to once call my own. But now it was just a strange place that I ended up crashing the night at.

Everything was the same as the last time I was here. A time in my life that he had destroyed but yet here I was, right back at where I had last left off. Broken. Alone. Nowhere to go and no one to turn to. An endless cycle it seemed to be for my life.

Spike jumps off the bed joining me at my feet as I cross my arms across my chest staring at Ira whose eyes danced around the room as if it was his first time seeing it.

"I haven't been in here since you left." His hand rests on the back of his neck as he continues to glance at all the little artifacts that were left behind of our love. A great love at that but old and ruined. Ancient.

All I could was nod my head at him as I trudged past him going to a place that felt almost safe. The kitchen where my stomach was most likely the thing that was leading me there. Opening the fridge I'm welcomed to cold beers and what seems to be expired milk.

"How do you survive off of this.." I mumble to myself as I grab one of the beers popping the top off. The brim of the bottle barely touches my lips before it's ripped out of my hands. "Hey!"

"You're not having beer for breakfast." He glares at me as he brings my beer to his mouth. "Anyways, you ready?"

"Ready? For what?" I lean back against the counter as he pulls out his phone ignoring my question.

A knock sounds at the door causing Spike to jump up and run towards it barking. Ira rolls his eyes before setting down the phone leaving it unlocked as he goes off after the hyper dog. My nosiness gets the best of me as I quickly grab his phone before it's able to shut down on its own.

The first thing I snoop at is his messages, I mean obviously, it's the key factor of snooping. The first name I see catches my attention immediately, Maeve. Interesting, the skank that stole my boyfriend. Without thinking I tap on their conversation only to find the most vile thing ever that made me regret it almost immediately. Them sexting.

I crinkle my nose and quickly exit out to only go to the next conversation but the name was unrecognizable. James? There were a million James' in Vegas, this isn't juicy. I ignore the convo and end up just putting the phone back where I found it but turning it off. Nothing was that interesting in it anyway.

"It's been a while man, how have you been?" Ira's voice reaches my ears as I quickly move away from the tainted sex mobile. Words after that are mumbled as I lose connection to the conversation as I can't help but eye the familiar kitchen that was somehow missing the only valuable function to it, food.