008

"Duckin' paparazzi, doing flips."

A cold breeze blew through my window and sweeped over my bare shoulder. My eyes fluttered open, staring at the winter sky that was barely visible through the gaps in my curtains. Light rain pattered down on my plastic windowsills and the wind hissed through open vents.
I looked down at myself, remembering last night and my eyes widening, i hurriedly turned around, to see a smiling Saebyeok staring at me.

"Goodmorning, love." She grumbled, a croak appearing in the vocals of hers. I settled slightly, though i was still in shock from the night before. I shivered slightly through the cold that breezed onto my skin.

"Goodmorning... How're you feeling?" I asked, my voice feeling slightly sore as i moved a little bit closer. I pushed her hair out of her face and pecked her nose. I smiled softly, looking into her glimmering eyes.

"I feel great, angel. How are you?" She replied, shifting closer to me too. Sae's breath fell onto my face and created a perfect, invisible waterfall down my cheek. I nodded my head and hummed happily. She mumbled slightly, closing her eyes slowly and smiling. I listened to the birds sing a beautiful tune and the wind rustle through the bare branches on tall trees.
After a little bit of snuggling, Saebyeok shuffled in her spot, stuffing the blanket onto me as she got up. She ruffled the bottom of her hair, until she found a hair tie on the side table of my bed, picking it up and wrapping her hair up into a low bun. She picked up the clothes she had been wearing last night and pulled them back on, however, throwing her shirt rudely onto my face. I scrambled it off, yet by the time i looked back at where she was, she was gone, and only a slight breeze that moved the door had told me where she had gone.
I didn't want to get up yet, so i balled up the white material, using it as a pillow as i shoved my hand under the pillow to find my phone. The screen lit up.

Millions on top of millions of debt emails. What was it worth anymore, checking my phone. I rolled my eyes, and with a big huff, i sat myself up. I unraveled Sae's shirt and scrambled it on, since i couldn't be bothered to grab anything else. I pushed myself off the mattress and made my way to the kitchen, where Saebyeok stood with two mugs of coffee. I shot her a shy smile, moving myself onto a bar stool on the other side of the island.
She pushed my mug toward me, careful not to spill any of the burning hot liquid. We remained in silence for a little, myself holding my head in one hand due to the thumping headache i had earned myself, from the alcohol and sex, of course. Not that that's a bad thing.
A couple of minutes went by before i took a big gulp of my coffee. I groaned with delight.

"Where did you learn to make such a good coffee..?" I asked rhetorically, earning a chuckle from the girl in front of me. She placed her cup down, placing both hands on the countertop and looked down at me with authority.

"Where did you learn moves like that last night?" She grumbled seductively, my cheeks flushing a bright red.

"About last night, i..." I began, before loud banging on my front door echoed through the empty hallway on my apartment. I looked at Saebyeok with curiosity, as the knocking continued, not stopping. I stood up, walking out of the archway door and heading down the long slim hallway.
The banging got louder with every step, my footsteps barely recognisable amongst all the knocking.

I reached the door, timidly turning the handle and flinging it open, and to my surprise, nobody was there. A brush of an unfamiliarity touched my feet, and as i looked down, two game cards laid, almost perfectly. A lump in my throat formed, squatting down to reach the two cards. I picked them up, standing up, shutting the door and walking back down the hallway. I curiously looked at the information written on the back.

'Time: midnight, june 23rd
Place: same as previous.'

I shook my head, knowing i shouldn't go back, yet i couldn't help it, I desperately needed the money.
I stepped my way back into the kitchen, where Saebyeok was cleaning out the mug she had been using.

"Well?" She inquired, placing the cup down on the draining board and turning back. I stood by the side of her, placing the cards down next to her.
Sae looked at them, then glanced back at me.

"So, are we gonna go back?" I tilted my to the side and leaned onto the counter, yet i gained no answer. I stared at her, as her eyes seem to be focused on the card.
A small minute of silence commenced, until Sae picked up a card and hurried out of the kitchen, and down the hallway.
I chased after her, watching as she threw on her jacket, walking out of the door and slamming it after her. A warm flush went down my body, and my knees buckled. She didn't even say goodbye.
What did i do wrong?