002

"all my demons dance through the motherfuckin' night time.,,

The sound of the slap echoed through the empty corridors of the unnerving mall. I quickly gasped and covered my mouth, not expecting myself to slap her that hard.
Sae rubbed her now red cheek, looking at me and pulling a face of agony. She took her hand away from the searing burn of a handprint and looked at her fingertips. I snorted out a laugh into my hand when i realised she was completely fine and walked closer to her, inspecting the flush of red that i had imprinted on Saebyeok.

"I am so sorry." I giggled, pulling her hand close to my chest and cupping it with two hands, "i genuinely did not mean to slap you that hard."

Saebyeok seemed to chuckle, but with her mouth closed. She took her hand away and stuffed both back into her pockets. A bigger smirk grew on her face, turning around and heading toward the 24/7 library, passing all the grey and blue shutters of closed stores. I quickly followed behind, mimicking the same footsteps she did and stuffing my hands into my trouser pockets. I caught up, sooner or later, and walked beside her.
I enjoyed the silence and presence of Saebyeok quite a bit. It was like, no matter what, i could always enjoy being with her, even if we didn't talk to each other the whole time. I took a glance over, to see she was already looking. I shot her a quick smile and looked back away, my face flushing a light pink. It was a funny feeling. Like a thousand tiny beach waves went through my stomach at once and a million thoughts were being steamed into my head. A shiver was sent through me, and i audibly hissed inward. I had never felt this way before and i didn't really know exactly what it was.
It felt like sinking into a warm lavender bath after a cold, winters day.
It felt like having a million people pass by you and stare in awe.
It felt like watching your favourite tv show or movie with your favourite people in the world.
Yet, i still couldn't explain exactly what it was.

We reached the academic library, and stepped inside. The security was automatic, and so we were completely alone. Some books were scattered on the tables and others were barely holding onto the edge of the shelf.
Scraping my shoes against the beige coloured carpet, Saebyeok and I reached a table, just in the corner of the whole library. I pulled out the chair and placed my coat on the wooden seat. I looked up, to see Sae already searching for a book, quickly following suit. My hands separated the books and put gaps between them so i could barely read the blurb; after a couple of minutes, i found a book that peaked my interest. I pulled it out rather forcefully, due to it being stuck between a tight sandwich of other fictions. Staring through the gap, my eyes met with a pair of deep, sunken, warm brown eyes and there it was again. That funny feeling as Saebyeok stared at me through the gap.

The eye contact lasted a good few seconds before i slowly turned away, walking back to my chair and placing the hardback book down gently. I plopped myself down onto the coat-cushioned, wooden chair and opened the front cover of the book, just as Saebyeok sat opposite. I turned to the first page, eager to get on with my reading.

-

Saebyeok and I read book after book, after book, talking away our whole lives and laughing at each others jokes and stories. I shifted in my seat slightly before getting up completely and stating my need to go to the bathroom.
I shuffled away, heading the services and lavatories just conveniently opposite the library. There, a man dressed in a neat grey suit sat, on the bench just outside.

"Hello, miss." He greeted, a warm, yet eerie smile plastered across his face. "Would you like to play a game with me?"

I smiled uncomfortably, "You know, i really shouldn't... i have-"

The man cut me off quickly. "It will only be quick, i promise."
I didn't really know what else to do, until he opened his suitcase, seeming to be filled to the brim with endless amounts of green glowing cash.
"We will play ddajki. Everytime you win, i pay you 10,000won. Everytime i win, you pay me 10,000won. Easy?"
My mind raced with trouble, knowing i shouldn't as i was in enough debt as it was; but there was always a chance i could win, and get 10,000won.

"First, pick a colour."