She mumbled against my lips, pulling away when I started to pull her closer. "No, no, no," she shook her head, "this time, I'm sober and you're not. Not to mention." She pushed me to lay down. "I'm not your real girlfriend. We can't have sex again. Nope." She took a step back and walked to my closet, taking out a pair of sweatpants, dropping them on the bed beside me. "If you feel like changing, you can." 

I managed to unbutton my sleeves, struggling a lot and groaning in frustration by the time I reached the other buttons. "Tiffany!" 

"Tiffany," she mocked, sitting beside me. She unbuttoned the shirt slowly, her eyes solely focusing on the buttons while mine focused on her. 

"You don't like me very much," I stated, "do you?" 

She chuckled dryly, "I think I like you just fine." She stood up. "You can unbutton your own pants and change. I'm going to my room." 

I grabbed her hand before she left. "Can't you just stay?" I mumbled, closing my eyes as my head started to hurt. 

"I have to change, Vince." 

"Will you come back?" She stopped, watching me quietly. 

"I'll come to your room if you don't," I threatened. 

She nodded slowly, easing her hand out of mine. "I'll come back. Give me five minutes." 

I hummed and she left, closing the door behind her softly. I managed to throw the shirt off and stand up, stepping into my sweatpants before falling back on the bed. I grabbed the covers, tucking my legs under them and lying on my side, staring at the door while waiting for her to come back. At some point, my eyes began to close and I drifted off, falling asleep. 

I mumbled my essay to myself, reading over it and editing it before I had to submit it tomorrow. I stopped, my body running cold as I heard footsteps enter the kitchen. I knew it was him before I saw him. 

His glass came down on the table with a loud clink and he grabbed the back of my neck before cursing under his breath and grabbing my collar instead, pushing me forward. 

I clenched my jaw, just trying to stay calm and take it. He'll be gone in a minute anyway. 

"Pour me another drink. Quickly," he ordered. 

I don't know what I did wrong. I followed his order, I made him another drink, why did it make him so angry that I mumbled something under my breath? Even if it was about him, I was only worried about him drinking too much, he didn't have to hurt me like that. Because he did. It did hurt. 

Seven minutes. He spent the first seven minutes yelling at me and pushing me around. My back hit the counter, at one point the fridge. I didn't even say anything that triggered him. All I did... was sigh. 

And then the glass shattered, flying everywhere. My entire body froze up while he looked around manically, finding a shard and coming up to me, the glass glimmering under the light. It happened so fast. He was waving it around, screaming at me one minute and I was bleeding the next, wincing in pain. 

The drive to the hospital was the worst. With the bleeding and the gash, it felt like someone was just twisting the knife slowly.