Chapter 12

Percy's POV

Nico and the kids were playing outside. Hazel and I were in the kitchen talking.

"I don't want you two getting married at all," She said. "Who knows if you'll beat him."

"Hazel, I thought you knew me. We went to school together, I dated your brother for 8 years!" I said to her.

"I DONT WANT HIM BEING WITH A PIECE OF SHIT LIKE YO-"

I heard the kids scream. They ran inside with Nico behind them. He shut the door and picked Caleb up. I picked Willow up and ran over to Nico.

"What's going o-" the power shut off. "The hell..."

"HURRICANE!" Nico screamed. "BASEMENT NOW!"

We all ran down to the basement. Hazel took the kids from us and held them close. We didn't care. We locked the basement door sat in a corner. I held Nico close.

"Gods aren't happy..." He sobbed into my shoulder.

"I know...." I whispered.

Then, my feet felt freezing. I looked down and saw that there was water.

Water!?

Now there was a flash flood! Nico screamed and fell into the water, sobbing. He stood back up when the water was shoulder high up to him. Hazel kept the kids in her arms. They cried. Frank wanted to hold one of them, but Hazel would refuse.

"Nice idea, Nico." Hazel said. "'Basement!"'

"Shut up!" He cried. The water was up to our waists. Hazel held the kids higher. I ran up the basement door and opened it, allowing all the water to flood in.

Everyone was underwater. I held my breath. I grabbed Nico by his waist and he grabbed the kids by their hands. I swam with them up the stairs and out of the water. Frank appeared soon after.

"Where's Hazel!?" He asked.

I dove into the water. I swam into the basement and was blinded from blood. Hazel had stab wounds all over her neck, chest and stomach.

She was dead..

I swam back to the surface, gasping for air. The kids were coughing up water snd Nico was patting my back.

"Where's Hazel?" He asked.

"She's... she's dead..." I sobbed.

Frank, Nico and the kids looked at me shocked. They all then burst into tears.

We all cried. I ended up passing out on the floating board, soaking wet and cold, listening to police sirens and ambulance sirens. I woke up in the ambulance truck with Nico sitting next to me.

"Nico what's going on?" I asked, weakly.

"Your femur is sticking out of your leg... how do you not feel the pain?" He poked my leg and I felt the pain flare up my leg. I screamed in pain, not noticing the kids next to me.

Willow had a bandaid on her cheek. Caleb had a huge bandaid on his eyebrow. They were shaking with fear and from the cold. I hugged them tightly.

"The house is gone daddy..." Willow said.

The kids both cried. The place they've lived in all their lives was gone and their aunt was dead.

What I noticed was Hazel knee she was going to die. She threw the kids onto a board that sunk when the whole basement flooded. The kids had at least an extra 10 seconds of air. Hazel saved their lives.

How she died wasn't a mystery. Iron rods from the neighbors fence flooded into the basement and stabbed her.

How I broke my femur was when a iron decorative dog thing hit it and my swimming made it worse.

Nico had a black eye and a few cuts on his cheeks.

"Is Frank okay..?" I whispered.

"Hesr in the police car," Nico said. "He didn't want to see your leg... gushing blood and all. Besides... he just lost Hazel..."

I hugged Nico. Hazel was his sister, and my best friend. Sad thing was...

Last thing we did was fight...

~~

Long enough chapter? XD

Okay so I wanna thank @naimah-f / @runawxy for the hurricane idea since I was ganna do a lil house fire, but I read that one chapter where there was a fire soooo... didn't wanna copy o...o

Anyways...

Don't hate me for killing Hazel x_x I already feel like shit for killing her since people love her. Comment what you think what you think about Hazels death.

♡♡♡♡♡-Darcyyyyyyy!!!!