It was satisfying to be a failure to their own soul. But when others rejoiced, the addiction of proving people wrong seeped out of their dry eyes and onto their hands that only wanted to heel from the blood and bruises.

It was a cycle. On. Off. On. Off. On off. On. Off.

But at the end of the day, it just wasn't worth it.

That day, was the day they suffered their first loss. Because all these years, they worked hard to be someone. To have that tag of someone taped on their forehead. Maybe even be a Pro-Hero, be well-known around the world.

Maybe they could've been someone. Mika Hirumi: someone. Someone who saved the world. Someone who saved everyone.

The day Mika had given up on being that someone, on replacing a quirk with raw strength and power alone, was the day they suffered their first loss.

But the day the only person who understood them died when they could've done something. When Mika could've done what they had always fantasized about—-saving someone, was the day they suffered their second loss.

A loss Mika could've prevented. A loss that couldn't be said. Because if their mother's words and their classmates words and their teachers words became true, what about their words?

If Mika admitted to the truth, would the last bit of her disappear?

Words are power, aren't they?

Why? Because life is unfair.

***

It had been two months.

Two months where Izuku stayed in the arms of 'them'. Two months where it seemed that Katsuki's hatred of being forgotten and unhelpful tore him apart. Two months since Shoto, Touya, and Himiko have been isolated, never once opening their mouths when it was time for interrogation.

"We've been here for a long time now, huh Dabi?"

"Shut up, Himiko."

"Yet, they haven't even gotten the first part of the story! Though, I do wonder how long we'll be here. It's getting kinda boring," she huffed, shifting around since the place she sat was too uncomfortable.

Shoto blinked under the blanket over his eyes, "Himiko-San, this is an isolation room. It is a place where police keep us away from people including family, friends and acquaintances to-"

"We know that Shoto-Chan."

"Oh."

Two months were Mika wasn't able to get anything out of their damn mouths.

Two months where Inko went through the same baby album over and over again.

And it seemed like time repeated itself. Never did one of them wake up to something different. It was all the same. Not once did they wake up to a change; a miracle perhaps. Maybe a curse or even a little bit of both.

Not once.

Katsuki still did Hero work, the press never stopped asking questions about Izuku or Shoto. Inko still took care of her life, went to work even in her tired days where it seemed that the only thing in her mind was the other mother she wished wasn't there.

Global warming was getting worse by day, cars and smoke from quirks not helping while villains still got arrested by day.

For them, they were stuck in a black hole as life carried on.

Katsuki would go outside; his slow pace was perfect for observing. His eyes would dart left to right as he took in the sight of the new city he still wasn't accustomed to.