Trios Never Work Out Anyway

Saturday, 31st October
10.59pm

A loud string of chimes awoke Freya from her unconsciousness. Bolting upright to see what the noise was, she realised she was no longer outside. Instead, her surroundings had changed. She was back in the main room with the staircase. Except this time, she was alone with nothing but the chiming grandfather clock in the corner to stare back at her as she clutched her pounding head.

"Missy! Mia!" Taking to her feet, she called out, hoping they would hear her screaming wherever they were inside the house.

"Freya?" She heard a reply through the wall. Missy's reply. "Freya where are you?" She asked, shouting back – she didn't seem too far away.

"I'm in the first room, the one we came in with the giant staircase." Freya replied, yelling to the girl as she paced around the room and tried to figure out where the yelling was coming from.

"I don't know where I am, but I must be close if I can hear you!" Missy yelled before there was a silent pause. "There's a door, let me try banging on it to see if you can see where I am." Missy walked over to the door in her room and began repeatedly banging on it. Freya noticed the tapping on the door in the far left of her room, the banging became clear from where she was stood.

"You're in one of the rooms connected to mine!" She exclaimed. "I think we need to find another key or something so we can unlock the door." Freya replied, already beginning to search the room once more.

She contemplated going up the staircase and looking around, but quickly decided against it as darkness pooled around the opening at the top, sending a warning message of danger to anyone who went near.

Missy and Freya still had to find Mia, but knowing that they had each other radiated some form of comfort to calm their nerves. They hoped that once they managed to find each other, they could keep working together to find the girl and save her from wherever she was being kept.

Missy ran around her room panic-stricken trying to find something which could be used as a key. The room she was in was much different to anything which she had been in before. It was a bedroom with a 4-poster bed sat in the middle collecting cobwebs she most definitely avoided at all costs. It had vanities that sat in the corner of the room, along with a full-length mirror sat up straight against a wall with small cracks in each corner and a reflection that didn't seem to look clear. The curtains were torn and ripped, hanging off the railing just enough to let a stream of moonlight slip through the cracks in the glass and illuminate the wooden flooring as the only source of light.

The drawers were opened, and bed sheets were ripped off and strewn on the floor, all to desperately find some sort of way out of the room. Missy had already checked for a letter or clue of some sort but figured Freya's voice and presence behind her door was enough of a clue for them both to know their task was to find a key and escape.

Freya did the same in her room, panicking to find a key quickly in case anything disastrous was to happen again. It wasn't until she fell face first onto the wooden floor below her, tripping over a loose floorboard below, that she took a second to think.

How could she be so stupid to not look under the floorboards?

Dropping to her knees and lifting the broken piece of flooring, she dug her hand in, blind to what may be hiding inside. Pulling it out quickly as she felt some sort of bug crawling up her arm, she swatted it with her hand and dove back. Her arm mindlessly scurried around to try and find the piece of metal she was searching for.

"Bingo!" She yelled, grasping the cold iron and lifting it up to admire in front of her eyes. "Missy I've got a key; I'm going to try it on the door!" Freya yelled, running over to the door and inserting the key into it.

The Murders Of Manor Bay Estateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें