Chance

Chance:
She was busy in her office as a maid came and told her about to come in the office. She was glad that Aaron allowed her to continue her work in Creature but still the spark she had before of doing the work was lost. She was working but without passion which was lacking because of that beast's wariness. She had to build her trust if she wanted an escape from here or at least she would be able to lead a life as a real Queen. She was a Queen for the world but for him she wasn't.

"Come in." She answered the knock on the door followed by Valerie who told her about the beast who had summoned her in the backyard. She nodded her head at her as she was suspicious why he was asking for her in the night. It was almost 8 in night as she gathered her work and moved towards the garden before locking the door.

She entered the garden to find Aaron stood in the dark as some of the moonlight was falling in the garden. Only this garden had the advantage to seek moonlight because the Queen's murdered was done here.

She marched towards him and stood beside him as he was busy glaring at the moon with his arms at his back eliminating his dominant aura. She didn't speak as she knew that he had already sensed her presence.

"For you this sight will be good right?" He stated more than answered. She just smiled a little as she loved the sight of the dark sky with milky rays spreading on it making it more beautiful. The cool breeze was swaying the leaves and flowers with it.

"But for me it isn't." Aaron added further with a stern look on his face.

"And here you are deprived of it." Aaron further stated at which she looked at him who was busy staring at the sky. She didn't get what he was saying.

"You must be pitying yourself as you are now here; far from these sunlight , greenery etc." Aaron said as he slightly jerked her head a little at the end. Alaina knew where it was going.

"You must be dying to get an escape from here." Aaron started walking in the garden signalling her to walk beside him , which she obeyed. She stared at him as the moonlight was illuminating sparkles on his skin making him look like an angel . His skin from the neck and face was shining under the moon at which she was surprised. It might be due to the moonlight but her skin wasn't reacting like that. Her thoughts got errupted by him.

" You didn't do all this, this time because you didn't want to ruin others work but if you got a chance like if I died or I won't be able to stop you then you will get a chance right. And you will avail it too." This time it seemed to her like he didn't stated . He was asking her if she would leave him or not. She wanted an escape from here it was evident she thought but still he was asking as if he had sensed her thoughts but he didn't made any eye contact with her once.

"No, I think I won't because I am the Queen and if something happened to you I should remain here for the Island." She lied. She had to gain his trust. Aaron just looked at her with some unknown emotions. He made an eye contact with her at which she got scared , didn't want him to know her thoughts. But her thoughts got wrong as he smiled a little and diverted his attention again on the sky. She didn't know what he was thinking.

"So you are claiming yourself as a Queen?" He asked . She nodded.

"You will devote your life for the regin?" He again asked. She again nodded, but after few seconds, as she was still wasn't sure about it.

She was kind and polite. She could never left the castle in a miserable state when it wanted her the most. If the castle would ever need her she would surely help it .But still she wanted an escape so that she could meet her mother and Lidia. Thinking about them she always thought what would be they doing? Have they forgotten her? Why didn't they come to search for her? All questions could only be answered after when she would met them. She didn't want to lead a life of a slave here. Aaron looked at her like he was satisfied with her answers.

"Will you devote your life to me as a wife?" Aaron asked making her shocked. She didn't know how to answer it. He was her first love but he betrayed her by forcefully marrying her and all the cruelty he had done with her. They stopped walking. Both were looking at each other. One was waiting for her answer as outside he looked calm but from inside there was a storm, ready to destroy everything but just waiting for her answers. Other one thinking about the answer which she had to give him. A few seconds passed as the cool breeze let her honey brown locks to scatter on her face.

She got out of the trans first as she said " I-I d-don't know." She stuttered while saying. He just nodded his head as he moved a step forward making her breath hitched as she had to raise her neck in order to see that giant beast.

"So can you give me a chance?" Aaron said as he placed her strand of hair behind her ear. Alaina didn't know what happened to her as she without realizing nodded her head in yes.

"Thanks." Aaron said as a smile captured his lips. A beautiful smile which was enough for Alaina's heart to flutter.

" Where are you taking me?" Alaina said as he grabbed her hand in his cold one." You said you wanted to work in a publishing company. So you love books too.

" Aaron said as he dragged her inside their room. A gasp escaped her mouth as she saw a beautiful study table beside the window wall with a large bookshelf suffused with fiction and fantasy books. She smiled seeing it as books were her love. She loved to write and read. She turned around to find Aaron leaning against the giant door , smiling at her.

"Thank you." She squealed as she ran towards him to take him in a hug. He was just startled at her act for few seconds then hugged her back. Her scent was driving him crazy but he controlled it somehow as he slide his head in the crook of her.

"You want me to taste you again." He groaned against her neck making her realize what she was doing . She abruptly pulled herself away from him maintaining a decent distance between them. Her face became beetroot seeing his smirk.

" I am glad you gave me a chance after what I have done with you." Aaron said and walked out of the room as he had some work leaving Alaina alone in her thoughts. She was in a confused state right now. When she wanted an escape he was changing for her but a bitter smile captured her lips as she knew whenever she would want trust from him he would again broke her heart. Once a trust is broken it can never be healed.

 Once a trust is broken it can never be healed