My love

After a dreamless sleep, I was woken by someone shaking me.

"Daddy, wake up! I have so much to tell you!" I heard the little voice yelling in my ear.

I opened my eyes quickly, remembering the events of last night. I listened, making sure Elena wasn't awake yet, this would be a complete surprise for her. What was I going to tell her when she woke up, 'Good morning, darling, I happened to stumble upon our daughter who traveled here from the future last night! Tea or coffee?'

"What time is it?" I asked the girl groggily.

"8 o'clock, Daddy. Come on, wake up. I'm hungry!" she said as she shook me again. That woke me up. I had to make her breakfast, something she proabably expected of a parent. I sat up, noticing we were both on the couch, and could hear Elijah waking. I stood up and streched, watching the girl run into the kitchen cheerfully.

I flashed in there, but stopped quickly, not knowing how she would respond to vampire speed. She must have noticed though.

"Don't worry, daddy. I know that you are all vampires. I am too, but I am more like Uncle Nik, I'm special. Can you cook me eggs and potatoes please? It's my favorite." She said, sitting at the table. I looked at her with surprise. She was like Nik? And she had the same favorite breakfast as me.

"How are you special?" I asked quickly, getting the food out of the refrigerator.

"You and mommy told me I was special because of what I am, and how I was made. I am a hybrid, like Uncle Nik, but a different kind." She said cheerfully. I was intrigued.

"What kind of hybrid then, darling?" I asked, her eyes beaming at the sound of the endearment.

"Im a vampire, but I'm also a witch. Only our family knows what I am." I looked at her in shock. There was no way.

"That's impossible." I said, in shock. The girl laughed and ran up to me. She looked at me and smiled, then moved her hands towards the freezer, opening it, clearly with magic. She then levitated a blood bag towards herself and caught it in her hands. Within seconds, her face changed and she began to suck the liquid from the bag. I watched in amazement. Maybe there was a way for her to be my daughter. This was incredible. She finished half the bag and ran to put the rest back in the freezer.

"See, I told you!" She said, running back to me, hugging my leg.

"Did I just see what I think I saw?" Elijah said from the entrance way of the kitchen. His eyes wide open.

"Yep." I said, still in a sort of trance.

"Incredible. Kol, I hear the girls waking. I will finish making breakfast for everyone while you go explain to Elena. Niklaus is talking to Caroline as we speak." Elijah said, walking into the kitchen, to a smiling Aurelia. I nodded and flashed upstairs.

As soon as I got into our room, I realized Elena had just awoke.

"Kol, what happened last night? Last thing I remember was someone trying to get in and then I passed out." She said sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

"Well, darling. There is quite a big surprise for you waiting downstairs. Big surprise for me as well, but I have to insist you keep an open mind, you will need it." I said, not knowing exactly how to explain.

"What is it? I already know Caroline is here, what is a bigger surprise than that?" She asked, getting out of bed and putting her house coat on.

"Love, it is a much bigger surprise than Caroline, I assure you. I still don't know all the details, but you will just have to see for yourself." I said, leading her downstairs. I knew she could hear the little girl talking to Elijah in the kitchen. She looked over at me curiously.

We walked into the kitchen and she stopped dead in her tracks, looking at the little girl, who looked just like her. She looked at me in confusion and the back at the girl, then to Elijah.

"Mummy!" The little girl yelled and ran straight up to her, stopping by me.

"Elena, I would like you to meet Aurelia, our daughter." I said, the words finally sinking in to me. Elena looked to me, then looked at the girl, then back to me.

"How?" She whispered to me. I could feel her confusion, but I knew she could tell I wasn't lying.

"She is from the future, 2018, to be exact." I explained, she looked at me even more confused.

"I thought it was impossible for vampires to procreate." She said in disbelief.

"As did I, but apparently it's not. She is a hybrid, love, a very special hybrid." I said, watching her gaze turn to shock again.

"What do you mean? Like Klaus?" She asked quickly.

"Not exactly. Remember how I told you to keep an open mind." I led them both to the kitchen table, where Elijah was setting the food.

"What is like me?" Nik said, walking into the kitchen with Caroline, Rebekah following close behind.