Q

A little girl, probably not more than four years old, sitting in front of the door, crying. I was perplexed. Why would a little girl be sitting on the doorstep of a thousand year old vampire's home? She looked in my direction, which confused me even more, since I had not made any type of sound.

"Daddy, is that you?" The little girl spoke in a British accent, now standing, looking straight towards me. She looked so familiar.

I walked at human speed out of the woods, up to the front yard. The girl looked ecstatic and took off running towards me, at a faster than human speed, with her arms open. I was more than sure it was the alcohol making me have hallucinations now.

"Daddy!" She yelled as she threw herself at me, almost knocking me over. Had she just called me daddy? That was impossible. I had been dead for a thousand years, I couldn't bear children. She noticed that I was extremely hesitant, and backed away quickly, wiping her eyes. "I'm sorry, Daddy, you warned me this would happen. What year is this?" She asked. I was in sort of a daze. I was so confused.

"2013, who are you, may I ask?" I said to the girl, who looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm Aurelia, and I am going to be in so much trouble when I get back home. At least I didn't travel back too far." She mumbled on into her hands.

"Aurelia, where did you come from?" I asked, now kneeling to look her in the eyes. She had mezmorizing brown eyes and long brown hair that spiraled at the ends. She looked so familiar.

"I am from 2018. I was practicing with you, well, you from that time, and I think I said a word wrong... Next thing I know, I was sitting on the doorstep, and Mummy wouldn't open the door, then I heard her fall asleep." The little girl said, confusing me even more. I heard Elijah and Nik come up behind me and gasp at the sight.

"Uncle Nik! Uncle 'Lijah!" She yelled looking up at them. They looked toward eachother and then towards me, too shocked to speak. "Oh, I'm sorry... I guess I have a lot of explaining to do, since you don't know me yet. But daddy, I'm really tired, can I explain in the morning?" I looked down at my watch, it was almost 3am.

"Of course. Let's get inside, shall we?" I said, motioning towards the door. She ran up to the door very fast and I stood there for a second, in shock.

"Are you coming Daddy?" She asked, looking at me.

"I will be there in a second, go on inside and wait in the kitchen." I said, knowing it wouldn't wake Elena, she had passed out. Nik and Elijah looked at me for an explanation.

"What just happened?" Nik asked, looking at me in shock.

"I have no idea. When I got here, she was sitting next to the door crying, then she called me Daddy, and ran to me at a speed almost rivaling vampire. She said she was from 2018, that she was "practicing with me" and said a couple words wrong and ended up here. I am beyond confused. How can I have a child? It's impossible." I said, sobering up very quickly. The girl wasn't human. I knew that from her scent.

"Looks like you can, mate. We are thousand year old vampires, with a witch for a mother, nothing is impossible anymore, brother. Remember that." Nik said, patting me on the back walking inside.

"Kol, she is very young, and probably terrified right now. She just traveled to a time where no one knows her. Apparently she knows you to be her father, you have to help her." Elijah said, walking with me to the door.

"But how can it be, Elijah? And I know nothing of being a parent, clearly ours were no example to follow." I told him as we stopped at the door.

"You will know what to do." He said, walking in the door. I followed close behind. I saw the little girl with her head resting on the table, eyes closed. Nik was in the living room, picking up a sleeping Caroline from the floor, I assumed taking her to a guest room. Elijah looked at the girl, then at a very passed out Elena on the floor, which I was about to pick up, then back at me.

"She looks just like you both. Take Elena upstairs and I will watch her until you return." I nodded and picked Elena up. I quickly flashed upstairs and laid her on the bed, covering her with the blankets. I leaned over and kissed her head.

"We will have a long day tomorrow, darling." I whispered to her sleeping form before I flashed back downstairs.

I stepped into the kitchen and looked at the child asleep at the table. I saw Elijah nod to me and retreat to the living room to take Rebekah to a guest room. I thought back on his words. 'You will know what to do.'

I quietly walked over to the girl and lifted her out of the chair, she instantly wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist, but stayed asleep. I carried her into the living room and tried to lay her on the couch, but she wouldn't let go. I was so tired anyways that I just layed down on the couch with her beside me. She clutched my shirt and curled into my side. I pulled the blanket from the back of the couch down over her and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was asleep as well.