[33]

Takemichi

"Come on, Takemichi! I'm sure he's there!" said [first name], holding my wrist with both of her hands—dragging me upstairs.

I gave her a weak smile, "Right behind ya." I said, nodding at her. After she told me about her weird dream, she immediately changed the subject and told me that she knows where Chifuyu is.

I find it a bit odd to be honest..her dream was—

her dying in Mikey's arms.

And some parts of her dream really happened in the future..

earlier

"Huh?"

"Yep, it's a little similar to what you just told me." she said, shrugging a little.

I stared at her and waited for her to begin, she took a deep breath and exhaled. "Well..I guess I should start from what I remember.." she said, hugging her knees. "In that weird dream, I was with Chifuyu and Kazutora. I was married to Chifuyu. and like you said, we own a pet shop together, and Kazutora was helping us out with shop." Then she turn to look at me, smiling. "You and Hina were in my dream too, Takemichi. You two were engaged there.." she said.

I smiled back at her as she continues telling what happened in her dream. Everything that she just said..indeed happened in the future.

"Dreams are really weird..after all that, I found myself in some kind of...cafe." she looked away from me, frowning a little. "And Mikey was with me.."

I flinched when she mentioned Mikey—so my theory was true..the future Mikey and future [first name] were seeing each other.

"I don't remember the reason why we were there, I don't even remember what we've talked about while we were there. But I think..I was the one who wanted us to meet, and the way Mikey looks in that dream was so—horrible.." she said with her voice getting a little shaky. "He looks so thin and he looks like he's not getting enough sleep.." she said, glancing at me. "Was he..like that in the future?" she asked.

I didn't say a word, I just gave her a nod as I look down at the floor.

I heard her let out a heavy sigh before she continue, "Going back, after we chat in the cafe. He wanted to leave..it was obvious that he doesn't want to see me ever again. Then before we went to separate ways, he actually waited for me to get on a cab.." she said, letting out a small smile.

I gasped. I don't know why but..I'm getting a little anxious with what she's about to say next.

"I remember thanking him for meeting up with me, and I told him that I'll never bother him ever again—because that's what he wanted." she said.

"H-He said that?" I asked.

"I don't remember him saying that to my face, but I remember how and what I felt before I get on the cab.." she said, looking away from me. "in that dream, everything feel so real to me." she added.

It became quiet for a moment. All I can hear was the sound of the wind. I didn't want to break the silence, I just sat there—waiting for her to talk again.