"No thank you, Marisa." said Alison and then looked at her small pile of boxes and two suitcases which consisted of her small amount of clothes. "I will handle it myself. it's not like I have too much stuff." She whispered.

"It's not quantity that shows the worth of something, but the quality." said Marisa with a soft and warm smile. Alison didn't know it but the woman was already liking her a lot.

Alison returned the smile. "Take some rest, Alison dear." said Marisa and then walked out of the room. "The dinner will be ready by seven. The family does their best to eat dinner together at weekends all the time, so your presence will be required. You will see not many maids or servants in the house. They have strict orders to leave the mansion and go to their own quarters after doing their chores but you can always call and tell me if you need something." explained Marisa and pointed to the phone on one of the nightstands.

Alison thanked her again before she left the room and closed the door. Alison's smile dropped the moment Marisa walked out and she dropped herself on her bed and buried her face in her hands. Just as she thought she was lucky to not see any of her new family again today, that silly dinner came up. She felt like a prisoner. She badly needed to go out and be alone but she couldn't go without informing someone. She wanted to talk to someone, but knowing all of her friends were at work right then, she decided against it. She had taken the weekend off, so she could adjust to her new home. Note the sarcasm.

She sighed and then decided to use her time the best. She explored her room and found a bathroom and a big walk-in closet behind the two other doors. She first unpacked her bathroom stuff and took a hot shower trying to relax her tense muscles. After she was done, she wrapped a white fluffy towel she had found in one of the bathroom's drawers around her and walked out and then put on a lemon-colored T-shirt and white pegged pants, and then began to put her things in their appropriate places. 

When she was done, she piled the boxes outside of her room just as Marisa told her behind the phone and left her piano where it was. She was exhausted, to say the least. The shelves above the desk were full of her books now and the table had a few of her school stuff. She had put the iPhone box in one of the drawers, making mental note to return it later. She had a phone which was working just fine. She didn't need anything she had not paid for it, not wanting to give them the impression that she was here to use their money. Although she kept the laptop. She needed it for her school and her old one was killing her with its speed. She would return it the day she was going to leave. Although Marisa's word about her leaving was somehow bothering her a bit.

She sat behind her piano and began to play a song she liked a lot. She had opened one of her windows and a soft breeze was coming into the room and was moving the curtains. It was the start of the spring and the air was cool, but the peace it was creating was great. She played unaware of her door being opened and two small heads pop in and watched her curiously. Her back was to them so she didn't notice them slowly walking behind her.

Once the song ended, the sound of two sets of clapping startled Alison. She jumped on her piano stool and looked behind her with a hand on her hammering heart only to see James and Jordan standing there and clapping enthusiastically.

"Boys you scared me." said Alison.

"That was awesome." yelled James. Now Alison could distinguish them well. 

"You play like a master." praised Jordan. "How can you play that well?"

Alison chuckled. "Thank you, guys." she answered. "I have practiced for years and this is one of my favorite songs that I play a lot."

"We have a piano in the library but no one plays it. Only Hunter plays violin and he doesn't let us listen," said James as he came and sat next to Alison on the long stool and pressed the keys.