Mysterious Book

2555/06/14, 22:56:05

The final body fell to the floor lifeless, not a single friendly casualty. A few were injured, but they would survive. Mike returned his rifle to the magnetic holster on his back, as he assessed the surroundings.

"Alright Spartan, search around, see if you can find anything that contains info that might be of help to the UNSC." 

"Got it, sir." Mike was a natural leader, but he was perfectly fine with passing leadership onto someone else if he felt like wreaking havoc. and he did, the insurrectionists found that out very quickly, as he shot every single explosive object he saw, even when they pointed Spnkr launchers at him, he simply drew his personal M6G, and fired a bullet into the barrel, killing the user, and others around him. 

His M6G was his own weapon the UNSC allowed him to modify and work on, as a reward for being such a successful soldier. It was given to him at the age of  17. It looked old, and it definitely was, but it by far surpassed the regular pistol with superior muzzle velocity and range, albeit its size meant it was too bulky for regular soldiers to use. His other weapon of choice was an MA5B that was modified to fire 750 rounds per minute, having virtually no spread when fired in bursts, and low spread when fired in full auto, it was tough, but he managed to make it work. He also had an energy sword given to him by an elite who he befriended.

After he finished admiring his weapons, he searched the area, ODST's following suit. There was one who had recorded the entire confrontation, to show to the spartans, so he could ask them on ways to improve further. So what happened next would not have been believed by anyone, had it not been recorded. 

Mike finds an odd book, it looked as though it was from the 12th century, it survived this long? With the insurrectionists, of all people? Sure, they were holding out in a library, but it didn't make sense. He felt someone had planted it there at some point.

A marine confirmed his suspicions, "That thing wasn't there on my first sweep of the place, Mike, someone or something put it there recently.". 

Instinctively, the entire group went on high alert and stayed so for half an hour, but no new contacts showed up. This only further confused the spartan. He decided he'd take the book with him, and see if the UNSC could find out anything.

Or he would have done that, but upon picking it up, what appeared to be a magic circle formed below him, but he didn't notice, only until he saw the body language of the ODSTs did he decide to look down, but it was too late. A blinding light engulfed the area, which soon dissipated.

And with that, the book and the Spartan were gone.