Sozin's Comet part 2

Start from the beginning

"Father-"

"Son," he cuts in, "We have our differences, and I know that I was tough on you, I thought it'd make you stronger, but it didn't. The care of Professor Zei and Toph's pure, untempted love for you has driven you much farther than you ever could've gone with me. I took it harder on you because I loved you too much to see you get hurt. I saw you as a helpless kid. I never intended to be like this, but killing people does... this to you. It makes you into someone you're not. So promise me something,"

"What?"

"Promise me that after the battle during Sozin's Comet, you will never kill again."

"I promise." You say. He steps forward and hugs you as well, lighting up in a golden light himself, when he pulls away, he looks at you.

"I wish that I could've been a better father. I love you, son, truly, I do. I'm just sorry you went so long without a father. You've grown so much in the last year, that I'm not sure what else to say. Just tell the Avatar to hit Ozai once for me."

"Thank you, Father." You reply, and just like that, he's gone too. So, to grasp your abilities, you meditate, it takes until night for you to understand this newfound power. You feel something in the pit of your stomach before sinking your head, reaching inward and starting to run. With a running start, you leap into the sky. Using the energy from your running, you end up jumping over the entire sea and back onto land, unfortunately landing on your face. Shit, that sucked. You stand up and crack your neck. Now to find Toph.

You crouch down, feeling for her familiar presence and finding it a surprisingly long way away. With another running start, you leap once and nearly clear the entire wooded area, landing painfully in a tree. That doesn't stop you. At least it wasn't my face again. You pull yourself out of the tree, now sensing Toph moving at a rapid speed as if flying. Straight towards a searingly familiar plain of auras. Strong, familiar auras. You bow your head before taking a running stance.

After a few seconds, the pounding of your feet on the ground creates so much energy that with a little push, you'd be near the sound barrier. You shove your foot into the ground, giving you that push. This allows so much energy that within a single jump, you pass several miles, this time, you land on your feet, cushioning the blow by slightly shifting the momentum to slow you down. Still aways to go. You take another stance.

You find the familiar pit in which they lay, right inside a crack in the wall of Ba Sing Se. What are they doing here? Then a ring of fire surrounds them, Toph springs into action, she looks miserable, her eyes are puffy, her hair is messy and she looks like she's without a lick of sleep. The others wake up and you cautiously take a stance. Two seemingly Fire Nation warriors stand, followed by two more men.

"Piandao?" You question, "King Bumi?!"

"Y/N?!" The group exclaims. You jump down to join them, immediately getting wrapped in a group hug. "If you ever leave me like that again, I'll end you." Toph whispers before pulling you into a hard, needing kiss.

"Well look who's here." Bumi muses before falling into a snorting laughter.

"That's the guy who hypnotized Zei." You mutter before asking, "Where's Aang?"

"We thought he was with you." Katara says.

"No, I was following -- wait. He might be on that island."

"What island?" Toph pushes.

"There's an island that's infested with spirits. I was there, I saw my father, I saw Zei, I left yesterday evening."