Suspicious [32]

Yun Hyung popped by Rosé's dance studio after Lisa calmed down a little.

"What's up hit single star?" Yun Hyung asked with a big smile. "Here so quick?"

Rosé looked up from her phone, "Hi Yun Hyung unnie. I was getting bored so I came over."

There was a burning urge to ask Yun Hyung about the new figure she had seen, but she figured it's just one of Jessi's dancers. Nothing big anyway.

But she still couldn't erase the fact that that figure looked so ridiculously like Lisa. Even though she was wearing the cap, Chaeyoung could recognise the lengthy figure anywhere.

"Did Jessi unnie hire someone new?" Rosé found herself asking even though every inch of her said no. She couldn't help herself, though there was a mask, those eyes look way too familiar.

Maybe she was just trying to nurture this tiny piece of hope of seeing Lisa soon. Maybe if she went back to get Hank, Lisa would be at her home hanging out with her parents.

"Oh yeah," Yun Hyung interrupted her thoughts. "She's new."

Chaeyoung nodded with her lips pressed, "A dancer?"

Yun Hyung nodded, "She's a close friend of mine."

Chaeyoung swallowed, "What's her name?" God damn it. Here she goes again, caving into that small strand of hope left in her. But Lisa wouldn't ever forgive her would she? She could only imagine how bad it hurt for Lisa.

Yun Hyung laughed, "Why're you interested?"

Rosé bit into her lower lip, "Curiosity I suppose."

Yun Hyung wouldn't answer that question because she respected Lisa's wishes. If it was fate, God would put them in each other's path again. Yun Hyung doesn't want to meddle with fate.

"I'm sure you'll see her around," Yun Hyung said generically.

Rosé nodded, "Is Jessi unnie done with filming?"

Yun Hyung gave a quick nod, "I think they're done for today, why?"

"I just wanted to pop by to say hello," Chaeyoung said with a faint smile. "I didn't want to interrupt."

Yun Hyung panicked. She blinked rapidly, "Well uh... I can check. I'll be back!"

She quickly got up and out of Rosé's studio, leaving her bewildered. The dance instructor bolted into Jessi's studio and caught sight of Lisa seated on the ground talking with her other friends.

"Lisa I think you need to go," Yun Hyung said. "She wants to say hell—"

Before she could finish, she was interrupted by the loud chime of the machine outside the door.

Yun Hyung's heart sank, and Lisa felt fear gripping onto her.

Rosé peeked her head into the studio and scanned the room, seeing Jessi seated by the mysterious newcomer, "Jessi unnie?"

Jessi looked up and smiled, before subtly pulling Lisa's cap down so it'll cover her bangs, "Ah Rosé! Congratulations on your hit single!" She got up so that the attention would be diverted.

Chaeyoung entered the room and Jessi enveloped her in a bone-crushing hug. Rosé smiled, "Thank you Jessi unnie!"

They pulled apart and Lisa rotated so that only her side was facing Rosé.

"How's your new song coming about?" Rosé asked, her eyes fixating on the girl in the cap before going back to Jessi.

The idol moved so she'd block Lisa from Rosé's sight, "Ah my leg hurts, but I suppose it's okay! I have a performance next week."