CH 10: Feel Better Soon

Two weeks ago, Lucifer told everyone about the music festival tickets. For those last two weeks, you and the twins had been working your asses off studying. Today, you were finally getting a break.

At the beginning of last week, the three of you agreed that today you would go to one of Beelzebub's favorite restaurants. Since you were halfway to exams, you told yourself it was to celebrate your hard work... but it really was just an excuse to give yourself a much needed breather.

You still had about an hour before it was time to meet Beelzebub and Belphegor at the door to leave. It probably would have been a better idea to wait just a bit longer to get ready, but you were too impatient. All you had left to do was fix a couple odd places in your hair and you'd be ready.

They probably wouldn't mind too much if you met them at their room a little early. Just after you finished fixing the last section of hair, somebody knocked on your bedroom door. After taking one last look in the mirror, you moved to open it.

Beelzebub was standing on the other side with a half eaten snack bar in his hand and a smile on his face.

"Hey Beel! We were supposed to meet in like an hour, right?" You questioned. You thought Beelzebub said 11 o'clock, but him showing up to your room early made you second guess yourself.

"Yeah but... Belphie's actually sick so I didn't know if you still wanted to go or not," Beelzebub explained with a sympathetic smile. "He's sick? Is he okay?" You asked worriedly.

Beel smiled back at you reassuringly. "He's okay. Just a bit of a head cold. He said he didn't feel like it would be a good idea for him to go out."

"He looked like he felt pretty gross last night so I'm not really surprised but I hope he feels better soon..." you replied sadly.

You really were excited to go out with the twins today. The three of you had been working so hard on studying the past few days that this break felt well deserved. It was a shame Belphegor wasn't going to be able to enjoy it.

"It'll probably take him a couple days to get back to normal, but I'm sure he'll be fine," Beel explained confidently. "I actually think I'm still going to go into town. If you wanted to come, you're more than welcome," he added.

You hesitated to answer, and Beelzebub thankfully didn't push it right away. It's not that you were opposed to going with just Beel, but part of you felt guilty. As if you were leaving Belphegor out.

"Belphie's the one that suggested we still go even if he's staying home. So it's okay," Beelzebub explained. Without saying a word, he already knew what was on your mind. It felt like a weight off of your shoulders. You let out a relieved sigh and nodded. "I'll go with you. Let me grab my wallet!"

• • •

When Beel told you this restaurant was different, you weren't sure what you had in mind. But this was honestly just impressive.

You'd been out to lunch with Beelzebub before. With his appetite, going out to eat could quickly become an issue if the restaurant wasn't prepared. Even if they were, that didn't stop the employee's and customers alike getting angry with him.

This place was more than ready for Beel and his appetite. The whole table was covered with cleared dishes. Beelzebub was finishing off the last of his food as the waitress you had for the night came over and started picking up plates.

"Is there anything else I can do for you today?" She asked with a smile on her face. You looked at Beelzebub thoughtfully for a second before looking back to the waitress. "Actually, could I maybe get a variety pack of your sushi without the wasabi?"