🔹Sixteen🔹

The reflection staring back at Azula was daunting. Her eyes had dark bags under them, her hair was disheveled and tossed with debris tangled in it, her skin was rough and stained, her lips were parched and peeling, her clothes were rumpled and untidy, her hands were burnt slightly and the skin was slowly peeling off of them. She signed loudly as she thrust her hands in the ceramic bowl and scooped some cold water up in her hands. She poured the water on her head, allowing her hair to get drenched. Little trails of droplets ran down from her scalp on her face and back her neck, making her shiver involuntary.

Under her breath, she counted and revised how many days it had been since the Earth Kindom had fallen in the hands of the Umbra's. She reached a total count of 16.

This annoyed her, it ticked her off, it made her want to punch something. She laughed out loud. She threw her head back and cackled, out of control. She hadn't expected this sort of betrayal from Zuko. Sure she had admitted he was smart but this was something she had not expected.In the midst of her anguishing, uncontrollable laughter, she thought of all the things that lead her to this outcome.

A week had gone by with no action since they first came to the earth kingdom. Azula had started studying the patterns of Lashay's men.

She didn't know where Lashay was, considering the fact that Lashay was super secretive, so she had only the movements of her men to rely on. She had also been supervising a secret division of soldiers to ensure the movements of the Udambra's.

After countless hours of research, Azula and Zuko had together found out who was trying to take down the Earth Kingdom. A group, rather an undercover community of people who supported the olden regime under the Dai Lee had formed an organization called the Umbra's. They were working to overthrow the king and restore proper order under Dai Lee.

The chains on her hands stung her flesh as she remembered how the Umbra had attacked the capital and palace and seized the throne. Of course, the fire-bending siblings had noticed those movements and had decided to allow the capture of Azula, it would allow them a route through which they could dig a route to. Her prison. But it had been 16 days and no sound of ruble or the lifting of earth had come to Azula's attentive ears. She suspected the worst, the usual. Betrayal. Zuko and his Earthbending comrade and escaped with the Earthking leaving her behind because of how less her value was to them.

She had been through the usual, chains, locked doors, punishments, wounds, threats, blood, interrogations, and all. And she kept her oath, despite believing that her brother had betrayed her. She did so because she believed that spilling the beans on someone was a very dishonoring way to die. As long as she kept shut, she was a need, a necessity for the Umbra's as she held knowledge. As soon as she spilled, she was useless, and thus carnage.

She chuckled as her laughter subsided, the guards beside her cell glancing back at her in fear. She tugged on her chains trying to break them with the little amount of power she had, they cut into her flesh. Frustrated she screamed and kicked the ceramic bowl that once held the water which reflected her dreadful state. Shards and pieces flew around her as the bowl broke, some of them cutting into her skin.

She laughed and laughed her frustration as the guards slowly backed away from the prison, in fear of the mad prisoner.

Zuko groaned as he shifted into a more comfortable pose to rest his throbbing body. The rope around his hands and feet rubbed hardly and he clenched his teeth. Here he was, kid

napped by some random gang where Azula was there, in a prison being tortured or whatnot.

He couldn't feel the heat in his body anymore due to them chi- blocking his chakra's. It frustrated him, the number of people who knew chi-blocking nowadays. He glanced up at Toph who was dangling from the net the thieves had captured her in and hung her to the tree.

Once she had cut the ropes lose buy the metal in her armband, but they had barely made it 5 miles away before they were caught again.

He groaned again thinking of how Azula's carefully mastered plan had come to dust due to his stupid self being kidnapped. He cursed to himself as he felt his eyes drop. The anesthesia that was mixed in their water buy their abductores started to kick in and slowly a the sun rose, the chaos started brimming in the capital. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This one is tiny but my exams are still going on. I would also like to thank all those who are reading my weird-ass book, thank you.