🔹Six🔹

The flames in kaitomoshi wavered glumly as the sun sank behind the cliffs in the Royal Caldera City, the capital of the Fire Nation. Guards marched around the dwelling, their faces masked by their helmets. The delicate wisteria wines hanging in the window overlooking the palace gardens rustled gently with the wind. The elaborate tail of Ursa's robe lingered behind her as she walked steadily across the royal chambers. She walked past numerous men exiting the Throne room, her head bowed deeply. A few men grunted at the sight of the women, some ignored her and some muttered incoherently.

Ursa was used to these things. A woman's life was filled with judgment. Lower-class women were beaten up for merely interrupting men but she was lucky, being in the royal family, the men of the world usually gave her little more respect than they would give common women.

Ursa was raised in a conservative village, where tradition was the law. She was a rebel at first but society quickly disciplined her. Ursa was one of those women who were soo used to disrespect that they thought that was the way of life.

Nevertheless, Ursa walked up to the Throne room, her head bowed down more.

"Firelord Azulon." Ursa curtsied.

Azulon, halfway through extinguishing the flames in front of the throne, looked down at her.

"Ah, Lady Ursa, what is it you disturb me for?"

A drop of sweat slid from her brow to her neck and Ursa shivered involuntarily.

"My Lord, I have a request."

Azulon raised his brow."Continue."

Ursa looked up at the Firelord, right in the eyes, and spoke.

"Faster!" Zuko hissed through his teeth. "Faster, another one's coming."

Kiyi scrambled in front of her mother, her hols tightening on her hand. The 11-year-old had deliberately come in the front of the group, there were only two people in this family who could fight, Her and her brother. So, it seemed that while Zuko was checking the rear, she inspected the front.

"Stop." Zuko whispered after some time."This is the place."

Kiyi looked around at the long narrow foyer. This was the place? This? This hallway with no door was their way out?

"Zuzu!" She looked up at her brother, restraining herself to roll her eyes."We're lost aren't we?"

Zuko chuckled under his breath. "No, no, Kiyi."

His hand inspected the wall beside them and he gently fingered the bricks.

"Here." He pushed one in and a handle popped in its place, the door swung wide open to the rear of the palace, the least guarded place.

As they quietly shut the door behind them a snarl made them jump.

A miniature version of Lysaa flapped its wings as its blazing blue eye's inspected the family. Kiyi gazed at it with admiration.

It was nothing like Zuko's Druk.

Her body was way more profound and her legs thick. Her tail was long and narrow, her neck concentrated and large.

A puff of black smoke blew out from her nostrils as she tilted her head to scrutinize them. A large thud announced the arrival of another creature.

Druk nuzzled his nose on his rider, glad to see him again.

Quickly, Zuko loaded his family on his dragon while Lyssa studied them.

They were weird people, she decided in her mind. Weird for loving each other soo much yet keeping her rider locked in a cell.