3

((Enjoy))

Emy

Later that day

I woke up feeling refreshed, taking a look at my surroundings, I realized I was in a different place. I sighed loudly and got up.

Using the bathroom, washing my face, I changed into a different shirt with a light cardigan, grabbing my bag I left the room.

Best to get on with job hunting, since I'll be here for a while.

I went to several diners and stores before eventually finding something.

Entering the diner, bell above me indicated my entrance, people everywhere stopped and took a glance then turned around and minded their own business.

"Howdy, I'm Bette, what can I do you for?" A 30 year old, brown curly pinup hair woman said.

"Oh, uh hi. I saw the wanted sign outside and was wondering if there are any positions available?" I said, nervously.

"Yes, you've come to the right place. Follow me." She said, I nodded and followed her to the back into an office. She took a seat and motioned for me to sit down, I obliged.

"Alright, so all you have to do is fill out this information, we don't look for much, training will be paid and you'll get benefits such as: sick days, vacations, medical benefits, etc.." she explained to me.

I nodded. "Do you have a pen?" She smiled and handed me one.

I began writing down my information, date of birth, name, and address, making sure not to reveal much.

After I was finished, I handed the clipboard back to her. She read through it, a few seconds later, placing it in front of her.

"When are you available to start?"

"Now, I don't have much going on, plus I just moved here, so the sooner, the better." I answered her.

"Ah, that's nice. Welcome to the town. Pleasure having you. Follow me and we can get you started." She said, getting up, me following behind.

Bette took me to the locker room for employees and staff members, showing me my locker and providing a key and lock.

"Here you go." I turned to her, seeing that she's holding a packaged shirt and apron.

"Thank you." I said, as I took it from her.

"You're welcome dearie, once you've settled yourself, join me at the front, okay?"

I nodded, she smiled and left. I took off the cardigan and the tshirt, I pulled on the new one, tying the apron around me, I locked the locker shut, placing the key in the back pocket I went on to the front.

I joined Bette up front.

"Alright, so the first thing what we do is, when people come in, we take notice of how many and input them into the system, their server will take their order and bring it upfront to us, we put the orders into the system and it's sent to the kitchen, then afterwards when they're done, for the payment they come here and you press this button. Easy?"

"Yes, it's not complicated, I had some experience with this in high school." I replied, making her smile.

"That's good, okay, so I'll leave you to it for an hour and come back to check up on you, sound good?" She asks me.

"Yes."

With that she left to tend to her own things in the dinner.

The bell rang, people came in, I took note, and put them into the system, later their server came, telling me their orders, I placed them into the computer and with one click it was sent to the kitchen..

That's how I spent the rest of the evening, taking orders, taking care of bills and how many customers are. Not once thinking of the events that took two days ago, in my pack.

Bette was impressed, so she decided to hire me full time. I thanked her and went on home for the night. I picked up some small groceries for the night, I got in, placing the bags away, heating up pasta, I ate while watching the TV, afterwards I took a shower and went to sleep. Gotta be up at 8am for my shift..

It was a good day, rough start sure, but good day indeed, I could get used to living here.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

((Hope y'all like it, see you in the next one))