Chapter 5 : Fun, Games And Mama

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I did. Don't remember the last time I slept that well. Is Tony up yet?"

"I'm glad you like it here. And no he's still asleep." Steve took a sip of his coffee.

"Should've expected as much, he hasn't changed much since I left for Calcutta has he?" He picked up a muffin from the batch that was next to the coffee machines.

"Actually he's changed a lot. He's given up drinking and he's cut back working in the lab."

"That's wonderful Steve. To think Tony is really trying to make this work is really just wonderful." Bruce sat down in the breakfast nook on opposite side on the table where Steve was.

"He still struggles, but he's getting there."

"How are you adjusting to Peter Steve? I know this isn't exactly how you planned on starting a family."

"It's… not easy, but it wasn't hard either… if that makes any sense." Steve half laughs as he says the last part.

"Believe it or not Steve that makes perfect sense. Most first time parents are like that. But judging by the goofy smile Peter is giving you, he likes it here and he's happy." Bruce pointed his coffee mug in the general direction of Peter.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Bruce I needed that." Steve said as he stood up and took away Peter's empty bowl and placed it in the sink.

"Any time, that's what friends are for."

"What do you want for breakfast? I can make you something." Steve offered moving closer to the stove.

"No, you don't have to. I can make something for myself."

"Then would you mind watching Peter for me? It's just I haven't been able to work out since we got him." Steve asks shyly.

"Steve I would love to watch Peter. Go and take a couple hours off."

"Thanks Bruce, but you're sure it's not a bother?"

"If it was a bother I wouldn't say I'd watch Peter. Now go, you deserve a break."

"Ok, ok I believe you. Thanks again Bruce."

"Any time, I love the little guy so I don't mind." With that Steve kissed Peter on the head and headed back up stairs to change. Bruce stood up from the breakfast nook and turned Peter's high chair to face the general direction of the stove.

"Looks like you get to spend some time with Uncle Bruce. How does that sound to you?" Bruce asked Peter. Peter's response was a high pitched squeal of delight, and him clapping his hands enthusiastically.

"I'll take that as a 'sounds good'."

The room was still dark, making the soft blue glow of the arc reactor more prevalent than normal. Tony began to stir in his bed, slowly waking up.

"JARVIS, time." Tony half mumbled, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"It is 11:24, everyone is awake. Master Banner and young Master Peter are in the living rom. Master Rogers is currently in the gym." JARVIS responded slowly drawing the curtains open, giving Tony's eyes ample time to adjust.

"Tell me there's coffee." Tony sat up and put his feet over the edge of the bed.

"Yes, Master Rogers prepared a pot two hour ago."

"Get one of the coffee makers going, I want a fresh pot." Tony stood and headed to his closet and picked up a plain black T-shirt and basketball shorts that were on the floor.

"Right away sir." And with that Tony walked out of his room and straight for the living room.

Bruce was sitting on the floor with Peter in his lap where the coffee table had been before. The tv was turned on and the Wiggles were dancing on the screen. Peter was staring at the screen, hypnotized by the images and color.