Part 21- Dinner Dates

Start from the beginning

The waiter chuckled, "such a connected couple you two are!" he remarked. Rahul angrily looked at him while Rhea was jealous. Ahaan and Ishqi both became awkward, Ishqi glanced at Rahul who had an angry expression painted across his face. She felt the sudden urge to clear things up. 

Ishqi was about to say something when Ahaan blurt out, "that'll be all, aap please jaldi se le aayi"- The waiter nodded and left- To change the topic and to lighten the mood Ishqi said, "Jab tak khana aata hai hum kuch baatein toh kar hi sakte hai na...matlab ek dusre ko jaane ke liye"

The three nodded, "Okay so let's play a game, humein apne respective fiance(s) ke baare mein ek aisi baat baatani hai jo baaki dou logon ko nahi pata.." Ishqi explained- 

Rahul chuckled as he recalled a memory, "Ishqi ko jab gussa ata hai toh woh dher saara khana banati hai"- Ahaan's eye's widened in surprise, what Rhea said next explained why. 

Rhea: Really? Ahaan ko jab gussa ata hai toh woh dher saara khana khata hai! she revealed- 

"you guys are seriously meant to be!" the waiter remarked as he advanced towards their table and served them their drinks and left. 

Ishqi facepalmed herself, "meri hi game mere par hi backfire kar gayi" she thought- "Lagta hai ke aaj iss waiter mein Kartik aur Tara ki aatma ghus gayi hai" Ahaan and Ishqi thought in unison. 

Ishqi cleared her throat, she decided to act oblivious and keep on playing the game, "A-Aur, um A- I mean Rahul ko pool khelna pasand hai..haina?" she glanced at Rahul and he nodded. "Aur Rhea ko shopping karna" Ahaan chirped in. 

They kept awkwardly saying random stuff when the waiter interrupted once again and served them their food. Ahaan and Ishqi crossed their fingers and hoped he wouldn't say anything to make the four of them awkward once again...but he did. 

"for our cute couple" he said while putting Ishqi and Ahaan's dishes in front of them. At this point it seemed intentional, a stranger had been able to determine so many things in between them and that vastly increased their confusion but decreased their denial...just a little. 

This time Ishqi didn't even bother to clear the awkwardness in the air, "abhi kuch boloungi aur woh waiter phir ajaiga" she thought. All of them ate their food in complete silence, only the music subtly playing in the restaurant and chatters from other tables could be heard. 

After they finished eating the server came and asked them for desserts, Ishqi couldn't take the awkwardness anymore so she politely declined, then so did Rahul. "Ahaan? Tumhe toh desserts pasand hai na" asked Rhea- 

Ahaan: Yes but aaj dil nahi kar raha- was the excuse he made to leave from there as soon as possible. 

Ishqi: Okay, excuse me guys- Mein chalti houn...see you guys in the morning- she said as she stood up- 

Rahul: Goodnight, he said and hugged Ishqi while Ahaan rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time that hour- 

Ahaan: Excuse me as well- Goodnight Rhea/Rahul...let's go Ishqi-

Rhea: Huh?

Ahaan: Arrey, Ishqi and my rooms' are at the same place so buss issiliye-

Before anyone could protest further Ahaan and Ishqi left from there and soon Rahul and Rhea went into their respective rooms as well. 

===
Ishqi and Ahaan were walking towards their respective rooms but there was a distance in between them. Not just of space but of relations as well...Time was flying by and it was surely not enough for them to cope with and accept their feelings....they denied having any! But in their hearts both of them knew that was not the case. 

They had started walking into the hallway from opposite sides of the wall but as they walked forward they seemed to be moving closer to each other. Soon they were close enough that their arms brushed against one another, instantly causing butterflies in their stomachs. 

There was a fold in the carpet, the curled edge made Ishqi trip when Ahaan caught her hand and pulled her towards him with a jerk. Her arms automatically encircled around his nape while his went around her waist. 

As if they weren't already close enough, Ahaan pulled her a little closer as he tightened his hold on her. He gazed deep into her eyes while she was lost in him too, her heart was racing. "you have beautiful eyes Ishqi" he whispered to her in a husky voice that sent shivers down her spine. 

Ishqi cleared her throat and regained her balance but he still didn't let her go. "kyun?" she asked him- "aap aisa kyun kar rahe hai AVM?! Already yeh saab bohot mushkilon se hone de rahi houn...it's taking a lot of will power in me to go through with what's happening..and you're not making it easier!" she ranted as she voiced out her internal battles. 

Ahaan: Agar jo horaha hai woh nahi chahati toh phir kyun hone de rahi ho?

Ishqi: Toh phir kya karun? Apne liye itne logon ka dil thod doun? Itni selfish nahi houn mein ke dusro ko dukh de kar khush reh poun..

Ahaan: Bohot soochti ho na tum saab ke baare mein..aapne ilava saab ke baare mein soochti ho..

Ishqi: AVM...aisa nahi hai- Aur waise bhi kal ke kal shaadi thodi na horahi hai...sirf engagement hi toh hai...Lekin phir bhi it means and is commitment and loyalty...Aur mein Rahul ko kissi bhi tarah se hurt yah cheat nahi karna chahati-

Ahaan: Lekin tumhari feelings? Aapne aap ko cheat toh kar rahi ho na...

Ishqi: Dekhiye kal engagement hai aapki! In 24 hours you'll be engaged to Rhea and I'll be engaged to Rahul! Aap meri fikar mat kijiye! AVM mujhe nahi pata ke aapko inn pichle teen char din se kya hogaya but please...mere mein yeh saab sehen karne ki himmat nahi hai..

Ahaan: Tum na bohot acchi ho Ishqi...very selfless...dusro ki khushiyon ke liye apni khushiyaan sacrifice kar rahi ho...Mein tumhare liye ek problem nahi baana chahata but- 

Ishqi cut him off, "Nahi! aap mere liye ek problem kabhi bhi nahi bann sakte...aap toh mere AVM hai na..woh jin se mein kabhi bhi jhagrah kar sakti houn, woh jo mere kahe bina hi mere dil ki baat samaj jaate hai...balke I'm grateful AVM...I'm very thankful that you're in my life"

Ahaan was touched by her subtle confession, she was already in his arms but he pulled her closer and enclosed her into a warm and secure hug. She reciprocated and squeezed him tightly while a lone tear escaped her eye. 

She resented the cruel game that destiny was playing, she couldn't have someone she was holding in her arms right now...he wasn't hers. Ahaan too hated the circumstances they were in, he'd accepted the fact that Ishqi had a taken over a significant place in his heart, watching Rahul and Ishqi together made him jealous and that made him realize the place and importance she held in his heart and life. 

God knows how long they stayed like that, in each other's embrace but when reality hit Ishqi she parted away from him and ran to her room and just like that their first moment after a tad bit of realization ended. 

//To Be Continued//  

=============================================================================

That's all for today guys, hope ya'll enjoyed it! { Word Count: 1765 } Next part'll be updated soon! 💛

Suggestions are always welcome ⚡️

Pls ignore any mistakes 😚

Lot's of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸

Ishqaan: The Games of Destiny ( ✔️)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara